BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question Why are people having conserns over the fact harlequins have no HQ?

I believe there should be no issue whether they do or do not have a HQ because 7th allows you to play unbound or with a formation that are in the book as a FOC so why is this a concern?

If people refuse to play you because you are using unbound then they must not have been fun to play with to start off with and you just saved yourself 2 hours of a game that could not be fun.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Brother-Sergeant

Harlequins can be played via the formations and the detachment given in their codex without a HQ choice. No big deal. If you want an HQ, take an allied detachment of (Dark) Eldar. You could even have an autarch with The Mantle of the Laughing God, for themed fun-ness.

If I wanted to, I could play a Necron army that is battleforged without an HQ as well.

The problem is not that we want a random HQ but that the harlies have none sio you can't play them as allied detatchment and either have to go formations (which are not that good) or their own detachment which is kinda **** if you just want to ally them.

Yeah, it's mostly the fact that I'd really only want to include one Troupe and a character, but I can't.

There's a pretty barebones formation that's 1 troupe, shadowseer and death jester.

Brother-Sergeant

Looking at the book, it seems that they'll just require a different playstyle to what we've been used to. So really, formations for battle forged or go unbound.

They are the glassiest glass hammer ever. They shouldn't really need objective secured because I think they're designed to wipe stuff out or make it run away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonite View Post
    Looking at the book, it seems that they'll just require a different playstyle to what we've been used to. So really, formations for battle forged or go unbound.

They are the glassiest glass hammer ever. They shouldn't really need objective secured because I think they're designed to wipe stuff out or make it run away.
    I have only played 2 games so far. I went first both games and was easily assaulting my opponent on top of 2. the mirage launchers really help deliver against gun lines. my 6man units have 29 attacks with 2d3 HoW attacks as well (when charging) and really bring the pain even against vehicles. I do think at some point i will add an eldar allied attachment for some ranged AA.

No Allied detachment, and can't use CAD, so they have no chance to get Objective Secured. That's pretty huge.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    No Allied detachment, and can't use CAD, so they have no chance to get Objective Secured. That's pretty huge.
    Harlequins can take an allied detachment of Eldar or Dark Eldar to gain objective secured.

The other thing is that they could have had HQ. It's there in the fluff and past, the High Avatar filled that role. While I love what they did, it really makes me wonder why they excluded the High Avatar when they were releasing a full codex.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast