BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Anyway. The novel's account of Eldyra's fate is directly contradicted by End Times: Khaine. I'm going with the rulebook on this.

Not the first time it's happened; Glottkin novel was also full of strange disparities. A natural result of creative processes and the secrecy of the studio, I'm sure.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Why is Eldyra in the book? Wasn't she turned into a goddess?
    Ah. I've been waiting on this one. Eldyra's presence in The Lord of the End Times is what we, in the biz, like to call a '***** up.' Mostly on my part, I think.
    See, what happened was, I included her in the book because I thought her final fate hadn't been covered by anyone else, and I thought it wasn't exactly fair to turn her into a vampire in the first book and then never mention her again. Too, the fifth ET book was pretty light on female characters. So, I put her in, and decided to give her and Tyrion a last moment for some (probably unnecessary) pathos. Just to twist the knife a bit before the end.
    What I didn't *know* at the time, was that she'd been turned into a goddess in ET: Khaine. I didn't find that out until after this book was already at the printers. By the time I learned about it, it was too late to hack those bits out.
    Frankly, it was my fault for not triple-checking. Just like leaving out Alith Anar and Skarsnik. It's filed under 'Things I Could Have Done Better If I'd Had The Time'.
    That said, you can always make the case that she's not really Eldyra, but rather what's left of Eldyra after Lileath snatches her soul and deposits it in the Haven. An undead husk of the last princess of Tiranoc, desperately seeking absolution from the one person she trusts to give it to her.

this was posted over on warseer, [url]http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?405465-End-Times-Archaon-Roundup-Discussion/page85[/url], post 1687

Thanks for that. And nice to see the author stepping in!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Brother-Captain

I'm guessing this is the novel then? I've just stuck to the big books so far, guess I had better keep it that way. Pretty bad that they don't even get told what's going on (or worse, don't read it themselves).

Daemon-Prince

So we got any Info on if Archy bites the dust and what is in his formation\army list?

Potential war gameing Jawa.

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    So we got any Info on if Archy bites the dust and what is in his formation\army list?

Archaon, like everyone, is gone. He and Sigmar fell into a chasm while fighting, before the world just ceased to be.

His army is pretty much every Chaos and Skaven unit all mashed into one. Characters included (it's a long list): Skarbrand, Galrauch, Kholek Suneater, Sigvald the Magnificent, Valkia, Vilitch, Glottkin, Orghotts Daemonspew, Bloab Rotspawned, Morbidex Twiceborn, Gutrot Spume, Ikit Claw, Throt the Unclean, Thanquol & Boneripper, Skreech Verminking, Be'lakor, Skarr Bloodwrath, Isabella the Accursed (Nurgle-tainted Isabella), Archaon (of course), Morghur, Slugtongue, Moonclaw, Skulltaker, Karanak, the Blue Scribes, Epidemius, the Masque of Slaanesh, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Throgg, Scyla, Deathmaster Snikch, Tretch Craventail, Packmaster Skweel, Ghorros Warhoof

It's interesting to see Kairos not included. Also, the Glottkin and Maggoth Lords seem to be back.

There is no formation for Archaon. The two Chaos formations are a Khorne Daemon force (led by three different types of Bloodthirster) and a Nurgle Daemon force led by Isabella (with a Great Unclean One, because why not?)

Not just Eldyra stripped of all agency either as it happens. Lileath let Teclis kill her so she could power a spell fair enough, but she's a goddess why does she need to be reduced to a power up for a male character? Let her do the spell and use up all her remaining power herself.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

46 minutes, shift finished.

Home by around.....4:30/4:45ish....then Archaon all night.

Sounds kinky. Isn't.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Not just Eldyra stripped of all agency either as it happens. Lileath let Teclis kill her so she could power a spell fair enough, but she's a goddess why does she need to be reduced to a power up for a male character? Let her do the spell and use up all her remaining power herself.
    She is not "reduced to a power-up for a male character." In the very front of the book, it explains that all of the Elves except Teclis believe the legends that the Rhana Dandra will be the death of them all. That means even their gods believed that, and, given how many of them were already dead, I'd say that pretty much seems true to them. Lileath already set up a plan to save the future, knowing the present world was doomed. Her daughter was sent into a pocket dimension to rebuild the world down the line.

In the scene that she sacrifices herself, the Incarnates are surrounded and having to fight off wave after wave. They're stuck there, unable to wade through all the bodies being sent against them, and they can't get to where they need to be for the ritual. The Emperor suggest Teclis teleport them all there, but Teclis says he can't because it'd just open the rift they're trying to prevent. Lileath steps in with a note that with divine power he could do it safely, but the only way to do that is to kill her and use the power in her blood, but slowly enough that her power can linger long enough to guide them safely. Teclis isn't keen on that and argues about it, but Lileath straight up tells him "We're all going to die anyway, what does it matter what order we die in?" See above on the Elves' thoughts on the Rhana Dandra. Teclis still believes there's a chance, and of course all the other races do, so Lileath was willing to let herself die early in order to guide the Incarnates safely to where they want to go.

Why did Lileath not just cast the spell herself? Very likely because it's not in her realm of magic. Also, possibly because actual divine blood was needed to draw power from for someone else. And she didn't even believe the plan could work (and it didn't).

It makes sense in the story context, and she comes off a lot braver than Teclis. And smarter, too.

Brother-Sergeant

So....the old world is now destroyed. Now what?

BTW.....any stats on Sigmar for the game?
    It's like killing two hobbits with one stone...
    And remember, there is no "I" in team but there is a "ME".

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast