BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

He's in an alliance of him, Hellebron and Drycha. Some shenanigans afoot in Athel Loren.

He's also the Final Boss of Gotrek Gurnisson's life, it looks like. I'm sure Be'lakor's going to play a major role. There was a little feature on him in WD.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

So any word on Settra? Did they leave him in the desert and forgot about him? Did he show back up as a chaos dude? Did he get a cameo and then get nuked again because GW hates TK?

Nothing since the end of Nagash......

There's an awful lot of unresolved threads at present - and the fact we've not heard much is a credit to how effective GW's shut down of the rumour mill has been - however you feel about that, it's doing it's job!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

All the unresolved threads point to an ongoing end times series which is pretty interesting.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

That's my thinking as well.

Whilst I'm sure we'll see an end to the book series, I think we're looking at a new, more dynamic setting for Warhammer.

And I'd be willing to put money on Archaon getting roflstomped in this book!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Either an ongoing End Times series or just the continuation of Warhammer, yeah.

I think Archaon will die, yes. He has nowhere else to go: he wins or he dies. His story is at its climax.

And yes, GW hates the Tomb Kings so much that they got about a third of the first End Times book devoted to them and inclusion in a new army list which sorts out most of their problems.

If they are going for a world-reset/change, I wouldn't be surprised to see Chaos/Archaon win. It would give the bad guys a bit more weight to them in the next setting.

Yes it´s to bad that both Tomb Kings, Ogres, Breatonians, Dark Elves, Wood Elves and Dwarfs seems to be getting the shaft/will no longer get an armybook of their own.

And really I think it´s the extremely LAZY, Yes Fantasy has a ****ton of races okay and lots of them are almost impossible to win with.
    But instead of just saying right Dwarf, Ogres, Breatonians you are all getting smooched into a single army Called Empire.
    Dark Elves, Wood Elves, High Elves you are now just Elves.
    Tomb King, Vampire Counts you are just undead now.

I think it would be better saying okay how can we distinguish these armies from one another, how can we make their play style different enough so that each army has it´s own play style?

Tomb kings vs Vampire Counts.

Vampire Counts is a (in my mind) about the mindless hordes and hordes of skeletons zombies and such walking chaff units flanked by a few high ranking units that can raise more.

Tomb Kings should be more highly specialized units and pre-planning plus keeping your forces alive through magic, for once they are gone they are GONE.

In a sense if you have a units of 20 ghouls in close combat against a group of 20 tomb king warriors.
    Once the Gouls are all beaten the Vampire count could try and resurrect some of them.
    However once the last of those Tomb king warriors are dead they are gone for good.
    It could be explained that the Lichpriest will need a template to work his magic off and unlike the skeletons the Vampire´s are able to resurrect, the warriors of the tomb king still retain some of their memories enough so that the Lichpriest can use it to resurrect the fallen warriors.

Same with all the rest of the units the Lichpriest is able to heal them through magic but once they are gone they are gone.

Further more you could make it so that the Vampire counts have no warmachines of any kind and no template weapons either.
    Where as the tomb kings still holds some and have one or two template weapons.
    Also where as the Tomb King have units that are able to come in anywhere on the table, the vampire counts doesn´t.

Small stuff like that would make a Tomb King army a very different beast to play compared to Vampire Counts while at the same time mirroring that they once came from the same people.

Same with Breatonians vs Empire

Empire has access to warmachines, guns and mages that are able to cast offensive spells, on the flip side they only have one unit of knights.
    Breatonians on the other hand have no warmachines, or guns and their mages (can´t remember what those women where called) can only cast supportive spell.

However on the flip side they have knight up the vahzu and their units (though slightly more expensive then Empire) has the ability to use their first turn to pray to the lady and get a significant boost in their stats.
    And all though they only have bow and arrow as their troops they are able to more or less British longbows and a lot more precise then Empire guns, though not as powerful.

Once again they would be a very different army to play compared to Empire.

That is what i think could be the solution.

Dude. Clearly bollocks rumours remain clearly bollocks.

We don't know that any armies are being discontinued or combined. Calm down.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast