BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Default End Times Archaon - Spoilerific Discussion

Nice and ready not only for next Saturday, but next weeks inevitable spoilers in the run up.

As with the other four - second and final warning.........

HERE BE SPOILERS
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Right then....run down of what we currently know.....

Malekith - Incarnate of Shadow
    Alarielle - Incarnate of Life
    Karl Franz - Incarnate of Heavens
    Grimgor - Incarnate of Beasts
    Tyrion - Incarnate of Light
    Caradryan - Incarnate of Fire
    Balthasar Gelt - Incarnate of Metal

The last four still have the 'How' to be revealed.

Isabella The Accursed - Seems she's back...I'm particularly looking forward to that one.
    Archaon Everchosen - Seems to suggest new rules. What, not sure (may have been show already on the spoiler shots)

12 new scenarios, including Halting The Apocalypse.

And so far, no mention of this being the last book...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'm pretty sure Nagash is Incarnate of Death. The reason he had to go to Nehekhara was to purge himself of the Curse of Khaine and rebuild his strength (diminished by the incomplete resurrection) so that he might take the Wind of Death into himself. Teclis wanted to delay it (in which he was successful), not prevent it. I assume he's completed the ritual by now, and the Curse of Khaine no longer exists. Or maybe he hasn't; that would be interesting.

(Although of course one of Nagash's rules is "Death Magic Incarnate", so.)

Other snippets, culled from White Dwarf and the iBooks previews:

okay there's a breakdown of "eight high points" from White Dwarf
    1. Fateweaver and the Everchosen "negotiating" in Middenheim
    2. The Oak of Ages bears "incredible fruit" (apparently a "fistpump" moment)
    3. Incarnate of Beasts gives them their favourite scene in the series
    4. Epic deaths: the body count outstrips all previous, apparently
    5. The Shieldwall: The Dwarfs are down, but the Zhufbarak are most certainly not out...
    6. The Wight and the Geld Prince: an unlikely fight that proves to be one of the most dramatic duels of them all
    7. Reconciliation: the moment cousins set aside their hate brought a tear or two...
    8. The Final battle: "best. battle. ever."
    Assumptions: the Oak of Ages resurrects Tyrion; the Wight and the Geld Prince is a showdown between Krell and Sigvald. The Cousins are... who knows. Maybe it's all the elves, or just specific elves. Who can say!

First scenario is a "last charge" out from Averheim by the remaining Empire and Bretonnian forces, led by Karl Franz, Ludwig Schwarzhelm and Duke Jerrod. I think I read somewhere that Gelt shows up and saves the day.

Start date for the timeline is Spring 2528. The Siege of Averheim has been going for several months; the Skaven are yet to find a way through (but eventually the walls are indeed breached, leading the Emperor to make a last charge to kill Archaon/go out in a blaze of glory).

The Winds of Magic can indeed move around and find a "more suitable" host. This is apparently what happened to Caradryan. No idea what becomes of Ungrim yet.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Malekith - Incarnate of Shadow
    Alarielle - Incarnate of Life
    Karl Franz - Incarnate of Heavens
    Grimgor - Incarnate of Beasts
    Tyrion - Incarnate of Light
    Caradryan - Incarnate of Fire
    Balthasar Gelt - Incarnate of Metal
    Not to mention Nagash - Incarnate of Death.

I initially thought we'd be getting a second set of rules for him post-binding Shyish to himself, but with Malekith, Alarielle and Gelt being Level 5 Wizards I think the rules we already have for him are his Incarnate rules, and the ones we're lacking are his weaker version.

Seems if you're a Wizard, getting a Wind bound to you bumps you up to level 5, and if you're not it gives you an Innate Bound spell.

Then again, I could be wrong. Arkhan's rules in the TK army book have him as a level 5 thanks to his possession of one of the Books of Nagash, and his rules in the Nagash book, when he no longer has said Book, have him as a level 4. Could Nagash, Incarnate of Death, possibly be a Level 6 Wizard?

I don't know. What I do know is it won't be in the Archaon book and I should probably shut up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    The Cousins are... who knows.
    Tyrion and Malekith?

3. Incarnate of Beasts gives them their favourite scene in the series
    If this means Grimgor headbutts Archaon, I will cry tears of joy.

Wasn't sure Nagash was the Incarnate of Death, because he bound shyish to Sylvania.

But if he's described as such!

I am excite for this!

The rules we have for Nagash are already rules for him as Incarnate of Death. He's not getting more rules. He's a Level 5.

Formation for the dwarf players (or people who like Gelt, I guess)

Gelt, incarnate of metal
    Runelord
    2x unit thunderer
    1x unit irondrakes
    1x unit of ironbreakers
    2x cannon
    1x organ gun
    2x gyrocopter

All dwarves have +1 armor save and armor piercing as long as Gelt is alive.
    Dwarf player rolls for each unit that can shoot in their first shooting phase, on a 5+ that unit can shoot twice that turn, on seperate targets if wanted.

Cause apparently dwarf gunlines weren't cheesy enough yet.

The Throng of Metal, that one's called.

Dwarfs haven't had anything cool from the End Times yet (except a bunch of their beloved characters die, lol), so I'll let them have a cool gunline formation.

It's the End Times. Over the top super-power cheese is the order of the day anyway!
    Last edited by Cap'nSmurfs; 03-07-2015 at 04:40 PM.

They did get Ungrim, Incarnate of Fire, before Caradryan stole Aqshy (or, more likely, Teclis did it. That little god-murdering sneak has been behind half the events of the End Times so far).

That's true! Apologies, Dwarfs!

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast