BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Theik View Post
    Formation for the dwarf players (or people who like Gelt, I guess)

Gelt, incarnate of metal
    Runelord
    2x unit thunderer
    1x unit irondrakes
    1x unit of ironbreakers
    2x cannon
    1x organ gun
    2x gyrocopter

All dwarves have +1 armor save and armor piercing as long as Gelt is alive.
    Dwarf player rolls for each unit that can shoot in their first shooting phase, on a 5+ that unit can shoot twice that turn, on seperate targets if wanted.

Cause apparently dwarf gunlines weren't cheesy enough yet.
    Jeebus!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Daemon-Prince

Any info on the Everychosen army list info? :P
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

As a general aside....

I'm liking the adoption of a Game of thrones approach to hero mortality of The End Times.

It is pleasing not to have Heroic Plot Armour!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    As a general aside....

I'm liking the adoption of a Game of thrones approach to hero mortality of The End Times.

It is pleasing not to have Heroic Plot Armour!
    That's the way old GW handled it too (before timelines were frozen and static). They'd give the rules for anyone and everyone but many times those characters lived at different periods throughout the history of the the Warhammer world. I too am glad to see it come back to that.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Apparently you didn't read the other thread, White Tiger:

For someone who keeps asking, it sounds like the Grand Legion of the Everchosen is this: Everything from the list in Glottkin, plus all Chaos the stuff in the Archaon book, plus Skaven. There might be some more in there, but until we know more, that's all we have to go on.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    Apparently you didn't read the other thread, White Tiger:

Nope not at all good to know........Slaves LOTS OF SKAVEN SLAVES!
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    That's the way old GW handled it too (before timelines were frozen and static). They'd give the rules for anyone and everyone but many times those characters lived at different periods throughout the history of the the Warhammer world. I too am glad to see it come back to that.
    They'd also write "deaths" from battle reports into the fluff, especially in 40K. Captain Tycho's face being messed up by an Ork Weirdboy was an early 2nd edition batrep in WD where he was killed with an Ork psychic power (back when that could happen), and Commissar Yarrick's capture and escape from Golgotha was a Space Marine batrep in WD where Orks were fighting IG and Squats and right at the end of the game a unit of Warbuggies assaulted his tank and destroyed it.

I miss those days...

If those days were back, everyone would be complaining about characters changing from one month to the next and the "ever-shifting meta" and you know it.

Oh, I forgot to mention: White Dwarf also has a Thanquol short story!

We catch up to our (anti) hero as he contemplates his new life on the Council of Thirteen. How is getting everything you ever wanted going? (Spoiler: not as well as he'd hoped).

Skreech shows up and tells Thanquol he's not to get involved in the last battle: this world is no longer safe, win or lose, and Skavenblight has to move to... somewhere else...

Dun dun dun!
    Last edited by Cap'nSmurfs; 03-08-2015 at 12:19 PM.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Ooooooh! Saucy!

Could Thanquol wind up as The Great Horned Rat of a new world?

Not just the dwarves who get formation love, though!

Tyrion, Incarnate of Light
    Imrik, Crown Prince of Caledor
    2 High Elf Princes
    1 unit of reiksguard
    2 units of knightly orders
    1 unit of demigryph knights
    2 lothern skycutters
    2 units of silver helms
    1 unit of cold one knights

Earth-shaking Charge: Units in this formation get +d3 to their combat result for charging instead of +1.
    Vengeance of Hysh: Units in this formation have Hatred vs demons and undead.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this formation, bit hard to make out in the photo but I think it says:
    Caradryan, Incarnate of Fire
    1 Anointed of Asuryan
    3 units of pheonix guard
    1 unit of white lions of chrace
    1 unit of executioners
    1 unit of eternal guard

Fires of Vengeance: As long as Caradryan is alive, all units in this formation have Devastating Charge and Flaming Attacks
    Wake of Fire special rule is resolved at +1 strength.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    If those days were back, everyone would be complaining about characters changing from one month to the next and the "ever-shifting meta" and you know it.

Oh, I forgot to mention: White Dwarf also has a Thanquol short story!

We catch up to our (anti) hero as he contemplates his new life on the Council of Thirteen. How is getting everything you ever wanted going? (Spoiler: not as well as he'd hoped).

Skreech shows up and tells Thanquol he's not to get involved in the last battle: this world is no longer safe, win or lose, and Skavenblight has to move to... somewhere else...

Dun dun dun!
    Bubblehammer time!
    Leave it to the Skaven to blow up the entire ******* planet, I mean, they already did it to the moon.
    Last edited by Theik; 03-08-2015 at 01:56 PM.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast