• All TH/SS

40 44.44%
  • Mixed TH/SS and LC

37 41.11%
  • All LC

13 14.44%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Noob question - How do like your assault terminators?

I know this is a newbie question for all those veterans out there, but I’d like to know your opinions.

What is, in your opinion, the best/optimal weapon load out for a 5 man terminator assault squad?

If you don’t use them, maybe you can tell us which one you fear the most.

For me, I like to have 2 TH/SS and 3 LC. I think it has great flexibility: they can take a push and deal lots of wound.

So want do you think?

Their job is drawing fire and being scary, as well as eating Nob Bikers like popcorn if someone drags them out. So TH/SS is the answer I chose.

I think that TH/SS terminators are definitely the most popular variation. The only thing in the game that can break them easily are C'Tan Phase Blades, and even then, you're only probably netting about 2 dead terminators a turn in assault with pretty standard rolling (On a callidus, that is). Of course, that's almost 100 points that dies.

I think that Jwolf has it exactly right. Terminators are slow, and if you get caught without a transport you should expect ever piece of enemy AP 2 to be heading their way. You really need the 3+ Inv for an assault unit as expensive as this.

I play Blood Angels so my TH/SS termies arnt quite the no brainer that they are in the SM codex. I went with a mix of 4 LC and 1 TH/SS since mine are rolling in a LRC with Corbulo and Dante is always lurking near by so that furious charge and preferred enemy bonus is killer for LC terminators. I keep the TH/SS in there so I'm not screwed if they get grabbed by a walker and because he looks bad ***

I like them medium-roasted by means of a pair of heavy flamers. thanks!

and dont forget the ketchup and mustard...

Banned

I like a mix, but only use termies with Deathwing, so generally stick one or two CC guys in with a squad. Mostly then it's LCs to get someone hitting at I4, and chainfists for anti-armour.

Since my Termies are BA and were built back when the whole army had furious charge I go LC. I am aperantly the only one that voted all LC too, so that shows you how often I bring them to the field these days.

Chaplain

Put it this way: when my redeemer pops it's load, it's hammertime

I think the OP meant vanilla Assault Terminators, but it varies depending on which SM army we're talking about;

Vanilla Assault Terminators: TH+SS all the way
    Blood Angels: 3 x twin-LC to take advantage of Dante+Corbulo, 2 x TH+SS for popping walkers/MC's
    Black Templars: 3 x twin-LC's to take advantage of 'Accept' and 'Furious Charge' combo, 2 x TH+SS for popping walkers/MC's
    Deathwing: Every model different for wound allocation shenanigans

Brother-Sergeant

I have one of them with lighting claws, as much for the look as anything.
    4 attacks on the charge that don't fight last can also aid a bit in return attacks against I3- units plus wound allocation rules are not too bad with one of them without the shield.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast