40 44.44%
  • Mixed TH/SS and LC

37 41.11%
  • All LC

13 14.44%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Malak View Post
    Deathwing: Every model different for wound allocation shenanigans.
    How does this work, termies only have one wound. It wouldn't even be all that good at protecting the equipment you want the most (as you might pick the sergeant with power weapon, the bolter + fist, the flamer [the three you don't care about], then the TH/SS and the missilepod [the two you do care about]. Now it's just random luck).

That aside; people have said it already. Normal marines TH/SS, maybe 1 in 5 have claws, to catch people off guard.
    Most other codexes, mostly Claws and one or two hammers to protect you from walkers.
    With Deathwing, mostly Claws and a fist with assault-cannon (adds shooting, and the fist does walker protection job).

Battle-Brother

who needs cover saves when you have a 3+ invulnerable save?

Brother-Sergeant

Absolutely love assault terms in this edition. Last edition they were not that great except from a Land Raider because they were too slow and people just avoided them as much as possible, but with the ability to use the shooting they don't get to run they are far more efficient. I personally like to run them 2 TH/SS and 3 LC with a terminator librarian. Give the Librarian infinity gate psychic power and they are rather mobile. Regardless they are a nasty threat that no one can ignore teamed up like that.

Veteran-Sergeant

How do I like assault terminators? One word: dead.
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

Librarian

Wow. Lack of LC votes

Unless that's because, like me, everyone uses LC on their Chaos termies? :P

The correct answer to this is:
    With a port wine reduction and garlic mashed potatoes. This makes most everything better IMHO.

The game answer is:
    The thunderhammer is slow, but sturdy enough to be confident on swinging last.

I run 4 TH/SS and 2 LC, combine this with nullzine and it means I win versus your TH/SS squad. They still kickass against most things, you on feel the loss of the 2 TH when you have to take out armour 14.

2 TH/SS and 3LC, with Black Templar and Accept any Challenge, I get 3 sets of reroll hits AND wounds, and two guys to take invuln saves first.

Default Th/ss

I am in the process of painting up 2 squads of assault termies
    and they're sporting 8 TH/SS and 2 LCs
    the idea is to split them up into combat squads and each 5 man squad has LCs just in case, other than that i'm planning on a Librarian with a SS so depending on the situation i may or may not split one of the squads up if i decide to gate them around. And worse case scenario the warp eats the claws.

Battle-Brother

I find that I often don't need to roll invuls for the whole squad at a time and it's a shame to waste space in their Crusader, so usually 4-5 TH/SS and 3-2 LCs because sometimes going first is nice (Ork Boyz are the big one).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast