BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I think GW's thought process is "well, if we give all the assault units grenades, then what's the point in even having the terrain rules". They don't realize that the flip side of this is "with the terrain rules, a lot of assault units without grenades become worthless".
    Did not anyone at GW ever ask: ""well, if we give only some of the assault units grenades, then what's the point in having a high Initiative?"

Out of interest, has GW ever made a unit that everyone owns better than other options in its codex?
    I can remember way back in 3rd, when everyone and their mothers had basilisks and whirlwinds, yet theyve never been as popular or as effective since. Dark reapers were everywhere too but have lost popularity over the editions.
    I think GW has little interest in bigging up old models that dont sell as well anymore.
    There are probably shed loads sitting on shelves waiting to be powerful again or on ebay.
    That wont sell more for GW tho.
    Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    If we get a new book fingers crossed htey fix eldar assault and drop this ridiculous idea that assault units shouldn't get assault grenades for Reasons.
    As a Tyranid player I feel your pain. Genestealers and Raveners don't have the options either. oo here comes some scary closecombat troops lets go stand in some grass.
    Grenndal

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gamgee View Post
    Become enraged by plastic minatures. HAHAHAH! I'm gone.

<snip>
    My signature was made for people like in you in mind.

I'm not enraged. If you had any sense of humor whatsoever, you'd have seen that I'm being completely ridiculous and over the top with my Tau "hatred". But people decide to get really sensitive and defensive when they have an emotional investment in something - which you clearly do in your tau. Its ok, I used to be like that.

Time for perspective - Its a game of plastic toy soldiers thats supposed to be fun for both participants. You act like I insulted your mother's honor when I suggested that MAYBE markerlights could be better balanced so that players who use armies that rely on cover saves for a modicum of survivability actually can play an enjoyable game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Did not anyone at GW ever ask: ""well, if we give only some of the assault units grenades, then what's the point in having a high Initiative?"
    The problem isn't with grenades or their distribution of them to assault units. Its the "All or Nothing" approach to the decision to assault into cover. They trimmed it a bit with the change to charge range in 7th, but the hit to initiative needs to be mitigated as well. That way units who have medium to high initiative but no grenades still aren't getting facestomped because there's a dude hidden behind a tree but there's also a tactical benefit for units hiding in cover. I hate to use the term because its so cliche these days, but 40k needs to stop being so "black and white" with its penalties/decisions and more "shades of grey".
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 03-12-2015 at 09:05 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I hate to use the term because its so cliche these days, but 40k needs to stop being so "black and white" with its penalties/decisions and more "shades of grey".
    While I agree with this proposal, recent theatrical releases cause me to object to the wording.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    While I agree with this proposal, recent theatrical releases cause me to object to the wording.
    Yes, its why I was loathe to type it out in the first place.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Here's a crazy hypothetical- what would you think of having cover cause a Disordered Charge instead of the Initiative penalty, and then Assault Grenades negate Overwatch instead?
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Librarian

What the heck happened to this thread...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    What the heck happened to this thread...
    Sorry.

I derailed it.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Sorry.

I derailed it.
    Apology accepted. Okay back on topic the lot of you.

Here is something a lot of you are unaware of.

Next week the Battalion boxes for both 40K and Fantasy are getting removed from the shelves of every GW store to make space for something else. Just what this something else is, is not known. Since shelf space is always limited in stores and that this removal of the Battalion sets is across both 40K and Fantasy this is possibly an indication of this thing being something new. Now I say possibly as this may just be a shift in focus towards individual squad/regiment boxes, but since I know how GW work (And I really do know how they work) I am inclined to think this is something new.

Add as much salt to this as you like, it matters not.

JvK
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; 03-15-2015 at 07:01 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast