BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    "We can't have nice things" says the Eldar player. You poor lamb. Tell the Ork player all about it.
    Yeah, I'm still annoyed about all the stuff Orks have lost. First they took our power weapons so that even Nobz could only have power klawz, not even power axes (despite them being modeled that way!), but it was okay because we had the choppa rule and access to burnas in mobs. Oh, but then mobs lost burnas and even had their weapon loadouts changed to one-per-ten. And then Orks lost their invulnerable saves, which means they go into combat, with nothing to remove armor unless they opt to strike last (and pay a premium in points), and don't have much to help them survive until they get to strike. We're talking the "close combat monsters" army, and if I want my guy to have any kind of save against any power weapons - even a power maul - in combat, I have to buy freaking mega-armor at +40 points, and then suffer Slow and Purposeful. Meanwhile, Boyz mobz are relegated more than ever to being Nob delivery systems... oh, except someone can challenge the Nob and kill him before he strikes back or force him to not be able to fight.

Yeah, I think Eldar have it real good right now. Panzees* need to shut their pointy-head mouths.

*Before someone gets all uppity on me and calls "offensive!" to that, it's the Ork term for Eldar, according to GW's fluff.

I don't think anyone is suggesting they should be toned down a great deal though.

As I said, it's very easy to miss how tricky they can be to get right, because you only tend to remember games where your best units spent a turn lit up like a Christmas Tree, and the rest of the game pushing up the daisies, and the follow on perception is 'there is no counter to them', quite missing that the best way to prevent Markerlight related trouble to take each and everyone you can and not so gently wrap it round its owner's blue noggin.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Heck, I still have ppl complaining to me about Eldar's power level in 2nd edition.. even though I never played in second edition. Just a few weeks ago, someone was fussing that Banshees need to be de-powered even more. Banshees....

I'm thinking about having one of my unpainted wave serpents painted up as a ambulance. That way, I can pull it out of my stuff every once in awhile and say "Did someone call for the Waaaaaaaaaahhhhh-bulance?"

Nah.

Keep one of these (or your regional equivalent) in your pocket, to go with their Whine.

Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Nah.

Keep one of these (or your regional equivalent) in your pocket, to go with their Whine.

And now I'm hungry

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I don't think anyone is suggesting they should be toned down a great deal though.

As I said, it's very easy to miss how tricky they can be to get right, because you only tend to remember games where your best units spent a turn lit up like a Christmas Tree, and the rest of the game pushing up the daisies, and the follow on perception is 'there is no counter to them', quite missing that the best way to prevent Markerlight related trouble to take each and everyone you can and not so gently wrap it round its owner's blue noggin.
    The only issue I have with marker lights is how simple it is to remove cover completely from a unit. The markerlight mechanic needs to basically work as 1 markerlight hit == -1 to cover save of target for one unit shooting at it.

The silly missiles that don't even need line of sight to shoot... those are what really frosts my chaps. IMO they should only work if you can draw LOS from another model within X" of yours to the target. Like an artillery spotter.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    I'm thinking about having one of my unpainted wave serpents painted up as a ambulance. That way, I can pull it out of my stuff every once in awhile and say "Did someone call for the Waaaaaaaaaahhhhh-bulance?"
    Hmm. I actually have a Trukk painted that way (think GorkaMorka style Trukk) because it was a transport for a Painboss and his retinue of Cyborks (man, I miss those). Maybe I can do that next time I hear my opponent crying for two hours that he's going to lose before he ends up wiping my entire army off the table...

Presumably in your case it's da WAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!bulance.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    The only issue I have with marker lights is how simple it is to remove cover completely from a unit. The markerlight mechanic needs to basically work as 1 markerlight hit == -1 to cover save of target for one unit shooting at it.

The silly missiles that don't even need line of sight to shoot... those are what really frosts my chaps. IMO they should only work if you can draw LOS from another model within X" of yours to the target. Like an artillery spotter.
    That is literally all the Tau have. If we can't remove cover our army may as well be good as ****ed. Laugh as my Riptide misses shot after shot if you take out my ML support.

People need to learn to smarten up and fight the Tau differently. Prioritize taking down of markerlights and you'll see a whole different story.

One blast Pathfinders gone. Even tiny amounts of fire take down Tetras. Buffmander is limited and doesn't have a lot of markerlights. It also has people shooting at an important unit. Skyrays are costly and durable and about the only worthwhile option in this day and age. Again as powerful as those missiles are they are of limited use when there are no markerlights to support them. Once fired all it does is lay down ML support. It's actually a half decent unit. One of the only ones left.

The majority of competitive Tau armies aren't Tau at all. They use Farsight Enclaves which are to some degree a little less reliant on them. The vast majority of our codex sees no use. We got Farsight Enclave suit spam with marker light support. The only thing even helping a regular Tau army is markerlights.

So on top of wanting to cripple our army you don't suggest any buffs. I call extreme bias in this post. Each Riptide brought to the field needs to be supported by some dedicated markerlights. Keep that in mind. Tarpit them with expendable units in melee if possible and focus fire on taking down my ML. Once those are gone if I haven't done enough damage to cripple your army your just going to sweep the board.

They took away our ability to use gunlines, tau mechanized warfare, auxiliaries aren't competitive, and now marker lights. The only other possible thing I could see to add on top of this stupid suggestion is to remove the ability for Farsight Enclaves to take suits as troops. May as well just be honest with wanting to kill competitive Tau. After that the only thing I could see left to nerf and add insult to injury would be to remove jetpacks from all Tau battlesuits. If your going to cripple the only thing we got I expect some SERIOUS buffs to be dolled out.
    Last edited by Gamgee; 03-11-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Chapter-Master

[URL=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/KirstenIGMB/media/wd-teaser-khorne_zpstpoh247r.jpg.html][/URL]
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast