BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Orders are on Leadership. Far more reliable than "roll 4+ to succeed".
    That would be leadership 7-8 unless spending out on unit ld buffs and/or characters, not the most reliable, definitely bad to be in a situation where you have to rely on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    That would be leadership 7-8 unless spending out on unit ld buffs and/or characters, not the most reliable, definitely bad to be in a situation where you have to rely on them.
    The point is that you do not rely on them. They are an useful addition to your infantry (which you don't see much of these days - I tend to see a lot of tanks and veterans) but not mandatory.
    Also one of the few rules of 40k: "If you have to rely on a a single dice roll, you already messed up"

Consider trying some new tactics. It sounds like your issues involve the random bs like warp storms, ever tried infiltration spam with Huron and cypher to infiltrate 3 chosen (fun way to introduce your opponent to 5 meltaguns, plasma guns, or flamers, 6if the champ takes a combi) and 1-3 obliterator squads (let's them skip deepstrike)

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Goatboy is looking to start a new army and I thought we should provide assistance.

[URL="http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/03/goatboys-40k-thoughts-army-next.html"]Quote from the front page

"I think I am tired of playing Daemons/Chaos and need to try something different. I think I have been burnt to many times with bad Psychic rolls, unforgiving random tables, and the overall feeling that maybe I just need to try something different to get better. I think that is the crux of this “army crisis”."[/URL]
    Goatboy wants an army that's different to get better, something not chaos/ daemons, one without psychic powers, ...he wants a challenge?
    There really is just one answer for Goatboy that covers that;.... Sisters!
    (go on i dare you, take the challenge!)

I just put down my Tau after 2 solid years of tournament play with them. My recommendation is to start by going all spring break and try everything. Barrow models and play a game with every army you can. So far I have run Necrons, Tyranids, Chaos Marines and I am looking forward to a game with Sisters of Battle. Each of these games has made me revitalized and I am looking forward to a new ITC season with a great Ork army.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by helline9 View Post
    Goatboy wants an army that's different to get better, something not chaos/ daemons, one without psychic powers, ...he wants a challenge?
    There really is just one answer for Goatboy that covers that;.... Sisters!
    (go on i dare you, take the challenge!)
    forget Sisters, go Oldhammer and do Squats, now that's a real challange!

"I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12