Quote Originally Posted by lantzkev View Post
Going to speak just to the tau side of things...

lol on the "named forgeworld riptides" none are named. If you mean the riptide variants... meh calling em 3 pts is ridiculous, likewise assigning ANY point value to broadsides is idiotic. Actually this whole point system for stuff is just ridiculous.

Hell the points for void shields and sky ray is just silly, "hey I hate armies that need a gunline to have protection, I'll do something to help nerf that"
Limiting Dreadknights? what is this sillyness.

The whole thing just strikes me as an overcomplicated rational to list comp, when you can just simply say "none of this, or max of this"

Keep it simple, just say what you don't want to see spammed and go on. If you think having kaldor and three dreadknights is too much, just limit it rather than this point system of "well you can take three dreadknights, but you can't then take anything else, even a champ that's your chapters go to main man of doom"
Just telling your players for your tournament, "don't spam" will only generate questions. Tournament players need things spelled out for them so they know what's OK and what's not OK before they dump a bunch of cash on new models to pwn the scene. Having a points system like this will help that, but I think it needs to be a bit more exhaustive, and with more playtesting involved.

Honestly, I'd think a lot could be solved if the FOC chart was changed to 2 HQ, 4 Troops, 2 Elites, 2 Fast Attack, 2 Heavy Support. You then can spend a 'point' to extend one of those slots to it's full capacity (like spend a point to get 3 Heavy Support), though these points are calculated at the end and make up part of your comp score.