BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Ripper Swarms

Battle-Brother

Question Ripper Swarms

Are the ripper swarms sold separately, or do the new sprues have a few per set of models?

Or is Forgeworld the only place to get a lot of rippers?

theres usually a few in each boxed set, single rippers on the sprue in various places. no base though. I do believe GW still sells the old metal ripper swarms on their site though. not as new and detailed as the plastics but I like them alot really cool looking. otherwise its the Bay of E to get a lot of ripper swarms

Veteran-Sergeant

I can't speak for all the oder boxes, but every Termagant and Genestealer box I opened had a 40mm base and a few rippers on the sprue, and the Warrior and Ravener boxes had five 40mm bases, ostensibly for two ripper swarms, although the actual ripper numbers on the ravener sprues were quite small.

With 3000 points of 'nids, I have more 40mm bases than I know what to do with.

Brother-Sergeant

Ye as Fizyx said. all the Gaunt boxes come with 5 single rippers and a base (so enough to make one single ripper base) and likewise with the Genestealers and Tyranid warriors box sets

Brother-Sergeant

As everyone has been saying, rippers come in several box sets so you shouldnt need to by any from FW etc. For some reason, the last box of warriors my brother bought had no bases? Dodgy packers...
    "What is the air speed of an unladen valkyrie?"
    "Lucian or Martian pattern valkyrie?"