BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 2k GK + SM GravStar

Combined Arms Detachment - Grey Knights

Librarian - Warlord, Storm Bolter, Hammer, Mastery Level 3 (Divination)
    145pts

Draigo
    245pts

5-man Strike Squad
    110pts

5-man Strike Squad
    110pts

Dreadknight - Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon, Teleporter
    215pts

215pts

215pts

Allied Detachment - Space Marines
    (Chapter Tactics: Red Scorpions)

Loth
    175pts

5-man Tactical Squad
    70pts

6-man Centurion Squad - Grav Cannons, Omniscope
    500pts

Total - 2000

Not sure exactly what you want, but some comments:
    - Are you forced to take something else than unbound / how important is the object. secured to you?
    --> Personally i would ditch that 5man tactical and take swords to NDK's (that str10 ap2 force weapon is something really scary if you are to come against other MC's or some nurgle bikers or other T6+ units.)

Other than that
    - Are you going in against some known enemy or random (pick up games, or tournament)
    - What are you going to use tactical and strike squads? (i've noticed that 95% of the time interceptors are just worth their points when compared to strike squads)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Not sure exactly what you want, but some comments:
    - Are you forced to take something else than unbound / how important is the object. secured to you?
    --> Personally i would ditch that 5man tactical and take swords to NDK's (that str10 ap2 force weapon is something really scary if you are to come against other MC's or some nurgle bikers or other T6+ units.)

Other than that
    - Are you going in against some known enemy or random (pick up games, or tournament)
    - What are you going to use tactical and strike squads? (i've noticed that 95% of the time interceptors are just worth their points when compared to strike squads)
    Thanks for responding, sorry for not putting info in the original post.

Its for a 2000pt tournament with Battleforged required and 2 'sources' / detachments maximum and playing the old standard 3 Eternal War missions with the secondary objectives as normal (STW, Firstblood, Linebreaker). Forgeworld IS allowed.

The Strike Squads and Tactical Squad are my compulsories. They are held in reserve.

The Strike Squads deep strike onto midfield/upfield objectives hopefully out of LOS and just try to hide and GTG.

Same with the Tactical Squad, but they walk onto the table from my board edge and take a homefield objective.
    Last edited by slobulous; 03-15-2015 at 08:16 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Grey knights can only take 2 heavy support, so its unbound anyway. Also dump the storm bolter on your librarian, unless you have 5pts to spare. I would also split the centurions, if you use the Sentinels of Terra supplement (imperial fist), you can take them as elite and heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by wolflold View Post
    Grey knights can only take 2 heavy support, so its unbound anyway.
    Ummm I believe you are referring to the Nemesis Strike Force, in which case you would be correct in saying that it only has 2 Heavy slots.

But the NSF is just a special type of detachment given as an alternative option in the GK codex.

I'm not using the NSF, I'm using a Combined Arms detachment as stated at the top of the army list post.

Veteran-Sergeant

Doh! Ofcourse...Didnt think of that. In that case...i said nothing

I used the list for the first time in a local tournament and did very well. But there can be improvements.

The full squad of 6 Centurions in the GravStar are in fact an obnoxious amount of overkill. My initial reasoning for taking the full squad was to mitigate bad rolling and help to gaurantee their damage output. And to make them a credible threat against Flyers through weight of dice and hopefully Prescience.

But it wasn't enough by itself to combat multiple flyers, especially if Prescience failed to go off. I went against a list with multiple Dakka Flyrants and had trouble bringing them down. I think the list right now would have a nightmare against a Necron Airforce.

I now have a need to establish air superiority.

By dropping the 3rd Dreadknight, the list fits into a Nemesis Strike Force. This also allows me to drop one of the Strike Squad troop taxes.

Since the GravStar will no longer be trying to cover AA, and were ridiculous overkill against everything else, I am reducing the Centurions down to a 4-man unit. This should still be enough to wipe most targets in one go.

This frees up enough points to dominate the skies with a pair of GK StormRavens. This is how the list looks now:

Nemesis Strike Force - Grey Knights

Librarian - Warlord, Hammer, Mastery Level 3 (Divination)
    140pts

Draigo
    245pts

5-man Strike Squad - Incinerator
    115pts

StormRaven - TL-Assault Cannon, TL-Multimelta, Hurricane Bolters, 4x Stormstrike Missiles
    230pts

StormRaven - TL-Assault Cannon, TL-Multimelta, Hurricane Bolters, 4x Stormstrike Missiles
    230pts

Dreadknight - Greatsword, Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon, Teleporter
    225pts

Dreadknight - Greatsword, Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon, Teleporter
    225pts

Allied Detachment - Space Marines
    (Chapter Tactics: Red Scorpions)

Loth
    175pts

5-man Tactical Squad - Meltabomb
    75pts

4-man Centurion Squad - Grav Cannons & Amps, Omniscope