BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If you're at all unsure, hold off. It's your time and money.

I'm going to keep on trucking with my Undead Legion, just because I want to have one of those to do End Times battles with.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Brother-Sergeant

I have enough for a End Times game, that's for sure. I'll keep on painting the models I do have. I just won't buy anymore new models or books until 9th comes out.
    It's like killing two hobbits with one stone...
    And remember, there is no "I" in team but there is a "ME".

Brother-Captain

You're probably fine as long as you leave out buying any special characters. I really don't think they're going to make any of the armies defunct. All of the armies have a fair quantity of quite recent models, they aren't going to waste that. They certainly aren't going to throw out the current factions and make up an entire new batch when they already have so many.

The question you should be saying is what makes me enjoy warhammer fantasy or 40k and follow that reasoning because that is the reason why we love this crazy game
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Save your money and wait a few months. Summer is almost here. We'll know sooner rather than later as to what GW has up their sleeve as it pertains to 9th edition.

Battle-Brother

This is some really good advice, thanks

But i've been thinking what if GW split the range between Warhammer End Times and Warhammer 9th edition? It seems that's what they are going to do with 40k, with them going to start a new 30k range in plastic. That would mean that people wouldn't have to throw out their old models and could still play the End Times battles, while others could start with the new range, because im pretty sure none of the models will be playable because everything blew up? but i could be wrong :/ what do you guys think? i'm still not sure on what to do, but i have been thinking about which armies i want to do. Which are either savage orcs, beastmen or chaos in general (mixture of demons and warriors)

I think we're going to be playing with the models we have and are available for the forseeable future, whether that's because they're still available in the new edition or because the End Times is going to be a sort of "legacy Warhammer".

Battle-Brother

So this is my dilemma should I start now with an already established army. This could go two ways: either I will be able to play this army in 9th edition and the rumours aren't true about the bases and what not. Or, I will be able to have a rather large display army for dirt cheap which I could still use if somebody wanted to play 8th edition in my local GW. But maybe I should just wait until 9th edition? my main problem with this is that nobody knows when 9th edition is actually hitting us. I don't want to be waiting 6 months for this new edition just so i can get started in Warhammer.

Occuli Imperator

Being a collector I say there is no time like the present!

I can't see GW invalidating the majority of their model range, though I might be mistaken.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Me either. And there's also End Times. Eeeeeeeennnnnd Tiiiiiiiimes.

As it even says in Archaon, now is the perfect time for that themed army you always wanted. I'm going to base the core of my Undead Legion around the Host of Death.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast