BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran-Sergeant

It's a crap shoot at this point. There are several rumors floating around about the overall product line being cut back, but who knows for certain. What I do know from SoB, Squats, and Zoats is that people love OOP models and will pay to get a hold of them. Prices of Epic, Mordheim, Necromunda, and BFG rules and Mini's have gone up. So, if you are eyeballing an army, then go for it. You may have to convert later to bring them inline with a new rule set if rumors turn out to be true.
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

Its a risk... no one knows what is in store for 9th edition so GW might invalidate a bunch of models and force you to buy new ones to make them more $$. Honestly I hear the cries that if they do this everyone will quit... but people have yelled that before and I think GW pretty much ignores whatever everyone says.

That being said its your money. If you are trying to build a viable army, you might want to wait a little. If you just want the miniatures go ahead, but understand the risk that you might get a bunch of unsupported plastic when 9th comes out... or it might be fine. No one really knows, and GW's love for silence until a few weeks out isn't helping.

Battle-Brother

I honestly think i'm going to wait until 9th edition. Even though i could start now, i'm finding it quite difficult to, because of the amount of different armies and models i'm just struggling to pick my favorite. Plus I've missed so much in the lore i think it would be pretty hard to catch up. By the time i would have read all the necessary books and gathered my army, 9th edition will be out and i would have wasted my time on a rather nice looking display army. So i think i will stick to 40k for now and then just get a huge army when 9th edition comes out.

I'd wait until 9th.

There will be new factions to choose from which you may like and some of the old factions may have disappeared (and possibly some units from factions which remain).

It's such a huge investment and such a short amount of time to wait that I wouldn't take the risk.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123