BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Identification: Terminator armor?

Hey guys, if you could help a Xenos player out; in the Toxicrine kit there is a casualty terminator. Is he dressed according to a specific chapter, or is iconography generic enough for most Codex chapters? Looks like on the box they painted it BA colors...

Librarian

tbh it's pretty generic.

A person might say that the winged skull on his leg looks Dark Angels-ish, while another person might say it's obviously Black Templar because of the chain around the robe, and another still may say nah, it's Ultramarines.

Paint it up however you like.

Iron Father

as DrBored said its not screaming any particular chapter really. The winged skull on the leg could represent anything but I think if i were to paint it then I would go blood Angels or one of their successors. I think that would fit the model nicely but really anything would be fine.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

It's completely generic; the winged skull is simply a symbol of the Astartes, and the other iconography is purely stuff like the Crux Terminatus.

Paint it how you like; I would suggest that either a.) choose a chapter that you face often, because that forges the narrative somewhat, or else b.) choose a chapter whose colours either complement those of your Hive Fleet, or whose colours won't distract from the actual model you're using. For example, if you're using a naturalistic palette and you go for Blood Angels, the eye will naturally be drawn to those bright reds, possibly making your Tyranid model look less impressive. That said, you can still use a bright chapter if you cover the finished model and base in a mix of appropriate pigments (I like MiG Rubble Dust myself, but that's because I like cityfight bases), so it blends in with the rest of the base.

Ultimately, go with what's going to make the finished model look best and leave you feeling happiest with it.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    the winged skull is simply a symbol of the Astartes
    The Imperial Guard might disagree with you there.

The Imperial Guard might disagree with you there.
    True. But theirs does tend to be a little more flat-edged than the Astartes.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    A person might say that the winged skull on his leg looks Dark Angels-ish,
    The Dark Angel's symbol is a winged sword, the Dark Angel 1st company "Deathwing" (their terminator company) is a broken winged sword.

- - - Updated - - -

I play Hive Fleet Behemoth, my Maleceptor and Toxicrene are standing on Ultramarines.

Is it wrong that I want one of those casualty Termies to make into an actual model? Like dual Lightning Claws Captain leaping at the enemy kind of arrangement?
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Is it wrong that I want one of those casualty Termies to make into an actual model? Like dual Lightning Claws Captain leaping at the enemy kind of arrangement?
    You could but you'd have to fill some deep holes in the armor, get a peg from a Gargoyle base.

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Broodingman87 View Post
    You could but you'd have to fill some deep holes in the armor, get a peg from a Gargoyle base.
    I'd be most concerned about the gap on his chest on one of the wings (where one of the nid's claws fits). You'd have to fill that and detail it somehow.

Either way not too hard.

Also, cool idea, DWest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast