BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default The Official: Do Something Outdoors Thread

Between my job and my miniatures hobby, I spend a lot of time in my little "dungeon" as my wife calls it. Its my office with all of my computers and until recently where I did my hobbying. (A thread in the Lounge recently shamed me into cleaning it up and moving the hobbying to the basement)

At any rate, up until I moved to Birmingham, I was an avid sailor. Sold my boat about a year ago now and with the turn in the weather, I had started feeling the compulsion to go outside and enjoy the great outdoors. I took my two dogs out to the state park mountain hiking trail this morning and spent time time breathing in the fresh mountain air and stretching my legs.

Anyways, I've been watching a lot more sailing videos lately of my buddy down in Miami testing out his new foiling catamaran and it has me compelled to get out of the damn house some more. May it do the same for you!

Me three years ago:
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

I do LARP a few weekends a year...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

You sail? Cool.

Multis only or monos as well?
    I do mast on a farr 40. We have the NSW states and nationals coming up next weekend.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

I went for a 6 mile trail run yesterday morning.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    You sail? Cool.

Multis only or monos as well?
    I do mast on a farr 40. We have the NSW states and nationals coming up next weekend.
    I thought I recognized your forum name. You're on SA?

Started on monos with lasers and 420s. In college I started doing foredeck on a schock 35 which liked to injure me quite a bit. Got into long distance cat racing after college and did foredeck and pit in a J29 for beercans on Wednesdays.

Been to Sydney and Hunter Valley quite a bit. Next time I'll hit you up for a ride on that Farr :-P
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I thought I recognized your forum name. You're on SA?

Started on monos with lasers and 420s. In college I started doing foredeck on a schock 35 which liked to injure me quite a bit. Got into long distance cat racing after college and did foredeck and pit in a J29 for beercans on Wednesdays.

Been to Sydney and Hunter Valley quite a bit. Next time I'll hit you up for a ride on that Farr :-P
    Yeah I think I use the same handle on SA, not sure though, dont post much.

I completely understand what you mean about injuries up the front, I just count myself lucky I'm too big to really do foredeck, mast is enough.

Next time your in syd definitely give me a shout. the Farr's are really wonderful boats, I mean they are almost 20 years old now and we still get a solid turnout for one design racing (at least in sydney)

And they can still win even when they give us an hour handicap for the winterseries racing (which is IRC if I recall correctly)
    Last edited by daboarder; 03-15-2015 at 04:41 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Occuli Imperator

I cycle twice a day, nothing better.
    Well aside from the odd century at the weekend.
    Oh or playing cricket or rugger.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Iron Father

I've taken to hiking since moving to BC. Cycling is a no no on the roads, Canadians in comparison to UK drivers are ****ing terrible and there's no way I'd risk life and limb on these roads. Especially as everyone seems to have either huge pick up ford or huge pick up dodge.
    My brother in law is super fit and loves trail running, me not so much but he's been very gracious and taken me hiking quite a bit and we're getting the kids involved too. Day always ends with a wiener roast, s'mores and a few beers

All very new to me but I'm embracing the experiences.

Kids started skating too and kid one is moving up to "can skate" when it restarts in September. I've tried but I'm crap. But yeah the "great outdoors" here in Canada really is fun and I can't wait for the summer. I'm going to try canoeing if I can get in one without it sinking
    Last edited by Deadlift; 03-15-2015 at 05:38 PM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Canoeing is fun.

Did a lot of that in the Scouts when I was youngerer. Canoed the Forth, the Clyde, the Thames and various reservoirs.

Also enjoy the odd bout of Paintball. Anything that involves running around like a maniac shooting/biffing people gets my vote. Otherwise, not really one for exercise type things (though I do walk when it is more practical than driving. I'm not completely couch bound)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

The Outdoors? a free-to-play MMORPG developed by Deity Games and the most popular game, with 7 billion+ active players? Well the graphics are good but the NPCs are mostly arseholes

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast