BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Historical reenactment, horse riding, running around playing nerf with my cousins, shooting bird life for omnoms sometimes.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Also enjoy the odd bout of Paintball. Anything that involves running around like a maniac shooting/biffing people gets my vote. Otherwise, not really one for exercise type things (though I do walk when it is more practical than driving. I'm not completely couch bound)
    I used to play paintball - pretty seriously actually. In high school and college I would drive/fly all over the country to play in tournaments. Was actually pretty decent at it despite my height.

Historical reenactment
    What historical period do you do re-enactments? Over here in the states there are revolutionary war and civil war re-enactments all of the time. Over there would it be the battle of Hastings? :P

Also horses. My sister was a hunter-jumper/dressage rider. Parents had a horse farm and kept my sis's horse on the property. Padre has rather colorful things to say about the upkeep and maintenance of horses. Usually peppered with the occasional curse.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 03-16-2015 at 07:32 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Paintball is just an occasional thing for me.

Perhaps once a year. Usually for somebody's birthday. I'm a tad trigger happy (if I was a Dalek, I'd scream SATURATE, SATURATE) so it gets expensive fairly quickly for me!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Lots of periods. Have some ancient Greek stuff, Roman, Byzantine, 13th century European, 14th century European, 15th and 16th century European. Military and civilian. 18th century civilian, mostly fancy court dresses. Napoleonic military and civilian.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Got into long distance cat racing after college

I do martial arts twice a week. And I don't have a car, so y'know, there's walking ...

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Lots of periods. Have some ancient Greek stuff, Roman, Byzantine, 13th century European, 14th century European, 15th and 16th century European. Military and civilian. 18th century civilian, mostly fancy court dresses. Napoleonic military and civilian.
    Mental image of this....

Firing this....

Doing this....

Cannon may be firing grapeshot of feminist literature....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Not that far from the truth.

Cannon may be hidden under the dress.

Chapter-Master

now I imagining the woman slowly, slowly lifting the hem of her dress, the men leaning forward eagerly, and then, cannon reveal! boom!
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    What historical period do you do re-enactments? Over here in the states there are revolutionary war and civil war re-enactments all of the time. Over there would it be the battle of Hastings? :P
    You name the war, we most likely have some nutte..... dedicated Re-enactor doing it, I think there's a TV series about that subject call IIRC Weekend Warriors or somthing like that...

As for me, I walk to work every day that I work, 15 mins to and 15mins back, but if shopping without my Grandmother, I tend to walk up to 10 miles round trip in one outing if the weathers nice, I can't stand waiting for buses
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast