BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Do you feel the changes to the army selection at Throne Of Skulls is for the better

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 30.77%
  • No

6 46.15%
  • Maybe

3 23.08%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    This goes to dealing with unbound tomfoolery. If you play some nimrod with an asshat list chances are they will NOT be getting any favorite game votes. It's actually a clever way of penalizing the overly competitive without hamstringing someone who wants to play unbound for a truly fun themed fluffy reason.
    yeah but the reason that its not done in tournaments is ultimately you get a group of dicks that agree to all vote for hte same guy therefore boosting them way ahead of everyone else.

In fact one of the major reasons that sportsmanship was dropped from 40k was people like the "wrecking crew" deliberately manipulating the scores
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Did they allow 30k lists? If not i cant attend anyway. The points increase is better tho.

Why would they allow 30k lists when it's 40k?

You'll have to wait for a HH themed weekend for 30k.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

The change in points are quite spicy in my opinion. The soldiers of the tropical fruit dynasty find these changes favourable indeed.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    yeah but the reason that its not done in tournaments is ultimately you get a group of dicks that agree to all vote for hte same guy therefore boosting them way ahead of everyone else.

In fact one of the major reasons that sportsmanship was dropped from 40k was people like the "wrecking crew" deliberately manipulating the scores
    Sportsmanship scores are just another set of rules for cheaters to abuse.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Thing is, any GW organised tournament isn't going to have Comp, or prevent Unbound.
    Hmm. The Rogue Trader Tournaments say otherwise. I believe the Grand Tournaments also had some comp rules/scoring. The thing that made 'Ard Boyz so "special" (you can use that term in multiple ways for those tournaments) was the lack of composition (or even painting scoring), which not only allowed people to bring the nastiest list they wanted, but encouraged it. At the time, a lot of players weren't happy with that.

So, New GW doesn't like comp, because that might affect the bottom line?

First-Captain

Nothing to do with the bottom line, they just expect people to not be a penis. The comp scores they had in the old tournaments were nothing more than what Throne of Skulls is using.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Sportsmanship scores are just another set of rules for cheaters to abuse.
    Unfortunately yes.

Im much more a fan of passive promotion of sportsmanship. Usually by lowering prize support for placing or at leslast supporting the other aspects of the hobby more
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Frontline's thumbs up/thumbs down is the only system I've seen that actually works (no matter whatever overblown internet drama people like to babble about). The vast majority of games go just fine. On the rare occasion (and it's genuinely extremely rare) that there's a thumbs down, the judges discuss the situation with both players so there's transparency and a reasonable level of response to any poor sportsmanship. I know of a very small number of ****bags who have been banned from Frontline events (and they all deserved it), and I've seen a couple instances where a player who was being a dick actively backed off when they realized that they might get a thumbs down. For the other 99% of games, everyone has fun and there are no worries to be had.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

375x5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12