Firing in a
    a-a-a-a-a-
    -b-b-b-b-b
    gives you a recoil of
    whereas
    a-a-a-a-a-
    b-b-b-b-b-
    gives you a recoil of
    2-2-2-2-2-[/code] that's probably the reason why it's alternated, but the amount of rounds put out is actually double. The rate of fire of the bolter is way lower but in more detailed games marines have a special skill that lets them fire twice its normal output if they are standing. Since I doubt that the mechanical features of a bolter are altered by the marine feet position, I have to guess that it is because they actually score more hits. So it was acceptable to me to think that a marine able to fire full auto with a decent precision could be translated in assault 2.

Rate of fire-wise I put weapons in this order:
    heavy 1
    assault 1
    heavy 2
    rapid fire
    assault 2/heavy 3
    assault 3/heavy 4
    and so on. Of course it's pure speculation, but I feel it's acceptable enough.

Now that I listed it I notice how small is the "distance" between rapid fire and assault 2, but I still like the "rounded all corners" better than "it's fasterer!".

Chaplain

You've managed to correctly guess, without me even telling you, that I intended the D'Angelus to be lighter than a normal boltgun!

Whereas most chapters favor a fire-and-movement approach to firefights, alternating static and mobile elements of a fire team, the Angels of Secrecy prefer to strike in a single overwhelming attack that transitions smoothly from fire on the move to close assault. Accordingly, it is not uncommon for the chapter's warriors to lavish upon their faithful boltguns extra targeters that tie the weapons more closely to their helmet autosenses or hard-wired bionics, microsuspensor units to steady the weapon in any firing stance, simple short-range laser designators, or other such small honors that suit the bolter for the chapter's rapid shock tactics. Over time, these small personal touches became so common within the chapter that they almost constituted a new pattern of boltgun - and indeed, even many Angels of Secrecy refer to the "D'Angelus Pattern" as if it were an officially recognized STC design.

I agree with this one the most. The guns are still meant to be lighter though.

I'll have a go at bordering it at some point.
    Cyberscape7 and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    My Beloved Blog: http://www.bryssling.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123