BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Glad I'll be getting this Saturday. And definitely happy about the Juggernaut. I was pulling out all my Khorne models needing built (and generic Chaos Marine stuff I could use, like a couple of old Dreadnoughts), and I had a Lord on Jug in the mix. It'll be cool to be able to use him. (Granted, you can do it with Codex: CSM, too.)

If he can join a unit of Bloodcrushers, even better!

Nice to have confirmation on the Instability. White Dwarf seemed to hint at that, wasn't sure if it was a mistake or not.

Iron Father

I was holding out for Daemonkin Nurgle......but I'm tempted by this.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Glad I'll be getting this Saturday. And definitely happy about the Juggernaut. I was pulling out all my Khorne models needing built (and generic Chaos Marine stuff I could use, like a couple of old Dreadnoughts), and I had a Lord on Jug in the mix. It'll be cool to be able to use him. (Granted, you can do it with Codex: CSM, too.)

If he can join a unit of Bloodcrushers, even better!

Nice to have confirmation on the Instability. White Dwarf seemed to hint at that, wasn't sure if it was a mistake or not.
    One thing that confuses me... all 3 Bloodthirsters have instability. Yet I'm presuming the 'letters, hounds & bloodcrushers have the Daemon of Khorne rule and therefor no Instability... that seems a bit.. backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmynurgle View Post
    One thing that confuses me... all 3 Bloodthirsters have instability. Yet I'm presuming the 'letters, hounds & bloodcrushers have the Daemon of Khorne rule and therefor no Instability... that seems a bit.. backwards?
    The rules in White Dwarf are for Bloodthirsters in a Chaos Daemons army. That's where I got the first hint that Instability was gone in a Daemonkin army, there's a a bit in the article where they mentioned that with the Daemonkin enough blood has been spilled to solidify the Daemons' hold on reality, but in other situations they aren't as stable.

Librarian

Weird.

I mean, it's obviously the way to go, since you want those Blood Tithe points to boost your army.

But thanks to those Possessed being in the Core, your Core is going to be pretty expensive right off the bat. Even if you go with bare-bones Chaos Lord and min squads of Bloodletters, those Possessed immediately soak up some points. Then, as soon as you add that first Bloodthirster, you're probably looking at a force that's already well into 500 points. All of the Auxiliary choices can get pretty expensive too.

So as nice as those Blood Tithe points are, it might actually be simpler to go with regular CAD.

But then it might even be simpler, cheaper, and more effective, and more versatile just to go with Chaos Marines allying with Chaos Daemons... I mean, if you really want to just summon Daemons, you could just go with the Fateweaver summoning list. Much more reliable, wins tournaments.

I just don't see this being super popular. Maybe if they had at least made a new Khorne Berzerker or Flesh Hound box, but I'm just seeing no great reason to get into this, even if I liked Khorne.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Weird.

I mean, it's obviously the way to go, since you want those Blood Tithe points to boost your army.

But thanks to those Possessed being in the Core, your Core is going to be pretty expensive right off the bat. Even if you go with bare-bones Chaos Lord and min squads of Bloodletters, those Possessed immediately soak up some points. Then, as soon as you add that first Bloodthirster, you're probably looking at a force that's already well into 500 points. All of the Auxiliary choices can get pretty expensive too.

So as nice as those Blood Tithe points are, it might actually be simpler to go with regular CAD.

But then it might even be simpler, cheaper, and more effective, and more versatile just to go with Chaos Marines allying with Chaos Daemons... I mean, if you really want to just summon Daemons, you could just go with the Fateweaver summoning list. Much more reliable, wins tournaments.

I just don't see this being super popular. Maybe if they had at least made a new Khorne Berzerker or Flesh Hound box, but I'm just seeing no great reason to get into this, even if I liked Khorne.
    Depends how you look at it- I just tossed together a list, a Unfettered BT, 2 8 man squads of 'zerkers, 1 in a Rhino, base Khorne possessed, a couple bare cultists, then take a Charnel Cohort with a Herald and a couple Cannons, and a Soul Grinder, it's just as hair under 1850.. that's a decent list to me.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

If they've changed the possesed at all (dedicated fleet was in rumours wasnt it?) Then they might be worth it
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    If they've changed the possesed at all (dedicated fleet was in rumours wasnt it?) Then they might be worth it
    Possessed are same, though have to take Mark of Khorne (and pay for it) and have a slightly different table, I think.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Weird.

A rejection of Codex Bloodthirster? I for one am shocked.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    A rejection of Codex Bloodthirster? I for one am shocked.
    I rejected it as soon as I realized there weren't new Khorne Berzerkers. I care more about the models than the rules.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast