BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

From the sound of it you can use any of the 8 abilities when calling on the Blood Tithe, so Adamantium Will would only be for specific situations (Psyker-heavy Eldar, for instance). As Daemonology's pretty popular, I'd guess people'll call on the Daemon summoning options pretty frequently. It's a nice way of addressing non-Psyker Daemon-summoning.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    From the sound of it you can use any of the 8 abilities when calling on the Blood Tithe, so Adamantium Will would only be for specific situations (Psyker-heavy Eldar, for instance). As Daemonology's pretty popular, I'd guess people'll call on the Daemon summoning options pretty frequently. It's a nice way of addressing non-Psyker Daemon-summoning.
    what worries me is if the tier system is bad.

Like, 1 pts, everyone gets adamantium will for a turn
    2 pts, everyone gets fear (yay!)
    3 pts, SOULBLAZE!!
    etc etc.

we'll see, could still go either way
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    eh...I dunno, for a pt I guess army wide adamantium will is pretty meh given its for only a turn, if they are all going to be that lackluster I dont think this is going to work very well
    Well, you score points whenever you destroy *or* lose a unit... so in the course of a game you could get a few of them. Given that it lets you have access to better psychic defense or daemon summoning, both of which normally require psykers, it's a "fluffy" way of getting around one of the army's issues while having a balance to it.

Remember, Khorne armies will have no psykers, so suddenly having a 5+ for Deny the Witch rolls for every unit in the army is pretty darned big. Tossing in Daemon summoning, too? Also nice. Just keep the slaughter going and you'll be fine.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Well, you score points whenever you destroy *or* lose a unit... so in the course of a game you could get a few of them. Given that it lets you have access to better psychic defense or daemon summoning, both of which normally require psykers, it's a "fluffy" way of getting around one of the army's issues while having a balance to it.

Remember, Khorne armies will have no psykers, so suddenly having a 5+ for Deny the Witch rolls for every unit in the army is pretty darned big. Tossing in Daemon summoning, too? Also nice. Just keep the slaughter going and you'll be fine.
    I dunno. The psychic powers I want to deny are things like Iron Arm, Endurance, Invisibility, Prescience and all that jazz :P

Well, there are 8 potential buffs/summons to choose from. Adamantium Will and Summon Bloodthirster are "known" so far, but the other 6 have got to have something useful as well. I hope! In regards to Adamantium Will not being useful or whatever.

Librarian

If i were a betting man heres my guesses, daemonology tree plus most khorney upgrades similar to possesed/spawn

Ad Will
    FNP
    Fleet
    Inv Save up +1 for daemons/armour save +1 for CSM
    Summon Letters/Bloodhound
    Summon Juggys
    Summon Herald
    Summon Bloodthirster

also we'll see how long these effects last if theyre permanent buffs or only a one turn go, and can they be stacked?

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    I dunno. The psychic powers I want to deny are things like Iron Arm, Endurance, Invisibility, Prescience and all that jazz :P
    Oh, sure, absolutely, but since you don't get any bonuses to those DTW rolls even with a psyker (unless they're some rare pskyer with a special rule), that's not something that would be an added weakness of not having access to psykers.

Don't underestimate stuff like Psychic Scream. A nice roll with that will just wreck a Marine unit of any kind. Ditto for Daemons, to a lesson extent (since they actually have a save).

that's not something that would be an added weakness of not having access to psykers.
    having psykers grants you more dice to deny. There is a difference if you throw D6 dice to deny or D6+X

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Its a good job that art is free and they don't commision pages and pages of it or anything for each codex, or you know the distribution and the staff at the shop that sell the products and help keep the product healthy.

If you don't like the prices, stop buying the products and move on to one of these magically cheaper games you keep mentioning.
    Or, Idk, engage in piracy?
    I only bring it up because people keep bringing up book costs as if there is a moral imperative to pay any or all of the MSRP as a condition of playing the game. I know I'm going to get flak for this, but there's just not a binary of buy or die here. You could borrow and scan; you could have a community copy. There are several ways to make the sticker price a nonissue, if you try.

From commenter BadTucker on Natfka:

Got my white dwarf... so good , theres a boon of khorne rule for a formation called the slaughtercult - when you pay the tithe they give you two results from the table instead of one , then you pick what one you want.

You must use points correctly... so if you you gain 6 points and a herald costs 4 - you will loose your remaining points. no stacking...makes the 8 point bloodthirster harder to summon. 8 is the max points that can be held.

only the classic bloodthirster build (normal demon codex one or unfettered fury in this book) can be summoned by tithe rules.
    demonic rewards are the normal codex demon rewards.
    points are gained from unit deaths on both sides.... friend or foe, WD suggests you sacrifice your cultists appropriately no word on vehicles though...but id assume they count

seems bloodtithe is the codex wide rule... anything in that army or any formations etc have it. the slaughtercult seems to be its own detachment or formation. where they get a khone boon roll ( i think you can spend points on that) its a bit vague but it might be like the chaos boon table? just aimed at khorne insted!

yeah you can carry points over turn to turn but you can only amass a max of 8. if you spend them on something any remainder points are lost. start again next turn
    read again... turns out the slaughtercult pays tithe points and can pic two results from the table ( presumably if they have the points for it) insted of one result
    everything in chaos marine codex is in this pretty much, acording to the WD (mentions helldrakes and so on...) .... only things that wont will be sorcerors, other cults and characters.
    When asked about the contents of the Special Edition:

counters are for wound markers/tithe counts etc... the coins are objective markers.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast