BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite ship?

Grand Provost Marshal

The rules may be poor, but the Krootsphere is one awesome looking model. I love it.

Close seconds are the Demiurg Bastion and the Arbites Punisher Strike Cruiser.

Veteran-Sergeant

I like the AdMec ships.
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

Evil Midnight Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by Faultie View Post
    The rules may be poor, but the Krootsphere is one awesome looking model. I love it.

Close seconds are the Demiurg Bastion and the Arbites Punisher Strike Cruiser.

I have to agree with you there, the Demiurg ships look awesome -- I'm more fond of the Stronghold, but considering the "experimental" status of the rules I'm not sure I'd ever get one.
    Oh lord I've got 'em, I've got the...
    ...it's a blog. Read it!

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherJoe View Post
    I have to agree with you there, the Demiurg ships look awesome -- I'm more fond of the Stronghold, but considering the "experimental" status of the rules I'm not sure I'd ever get one.
    Last I checked, the Bastion and Stronghold both had official rules, published in IA:3, if I recall correctly. Are they GW-official? Don't know. FW, yes.

are the admech ships prety cool? ive never actually played with/against them.

a little suprised no one has said 'space-hulk' yet

Chaplain

Well, the models are a matter of personal taste. I personally find the scultps interesting, but no way I'm paying that much for them.

The rules themselves are fairly simple: Take stock IN cruisers, up the WB to 45CM, and add a dorsal lance to everything. And give everything an oppurtunity to take an NC. And give everything a random crazy refit. Essentially, all their cruisers are half a step down from regular IN Battlecruisers.

Honestly, I find them most useful as reserves, escpeially a tricked out Gothic (lance boat+more lances+NC+refit=HELLZ YEAH), but they can be interesting as their own fleet (though theyare expensive).
    Proud Battlefleet Gothic evangelist. You got BFG questions? Just ask!
    Check out my fancy BoLS user blog for stories, ideas, and army lists!

Chapter-Master

I do enjoy my battlebarge, bombardment cannon at point blank crossing the T backed up by strike cruisers...

I would totally have to say the Styxx class. It just looks cool. Rules-wise, I'd have to go with a Slaughterer.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Faultie View Post
    Last I checked, the Bastion and Stronghold both had official rules, published in IA:3, if I recall correctly. Are they GW-official? Don't know. FW, yes.
    Aren't they in the Kor'vattra PDF?

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by the_killer23 View Post
    Aren't they in the Kor'vattra PDF?
    Apparently I'm a bit off. IA3 hasn't got the rules. They are in BFG Mag 10, it seems.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast