BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Auticus View Post
    Sounds like you are trying to write a page 5 for 40k. (warmachine reference)
    You’re not wrong
    By The Brass Balls of Khorne- http://khornesbrassballs.blogspot.com

If only 40k were designed to be a cut throat ball breaking competitive game designed to rub your opponents face in his own feces and vomit, and its army lists not totally devoid of any balance to make that an entertaining endeavor.

As it stands, rock/paper/scissors doesn't make for an exceptionally strong ultimate fighting championship with little men and thats what 40k is designed to be.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Auticus View Post
    As it stands, rock/paper/scissors doesn't make for an exceptionally strong ultimate fighting championship with little men and thats what 40k is designed to be.
    You forgot to add Lizard, Spock. They crept into the mix for 6-7th.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Veteran-Sergeant

I read the article and agree with the author. The vocal minority will always *****, and the ones that ***** this time around will not necessarily be the ones *****ing the next time. Sure, people need to pull their big boy pants up and either vote with their wallet or go find some other hobby, which the silent majority does as seen in falling GW profits. Yet, the *****ers are going to *****, because the anonymity of the net gives them e-courage.

My opinion is, just play. Play what you want, how you want, with those you want, and don't get all self-righteous when people ask you to conform to their needs (but don't just conform, there needs to be some give and take). This is a social game, a community where the weakest piece is each of us. So either quit being a problem and play, or go away.

SJ

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by jeffersonian000 View Post
    I read the article and agree with the author. The vocal minority will always *****, and the ones that ***** this time around will not necessarily be the ones *****ing the next time. Sure, people need to pull their big boy pants up and either vote with their wallet or go find some other hobby, which the silent majority does as seen in falling GW profits. Yet, the *****ers are going to *****, because the anonymity of the net gives them e-courage.

My opinion is, just play. Play what you want, how you want, with those you want, and don't get all self-righteous when people ask you to conform to their needs (but don't just conform, there needs to be some give and take). This is a social game, a community where the weakest piece is each of us. So either quit being a problem and play, or go away.

SJ
    Amen to that. This guy gets it.

Iron Father

Yeah I agree with some of the points. Except this
    however, game design is an incredibly complex process, and requires frequent trial and error- else the very first edition of Rogue Trader would be the end-all, be-all of the game, and we wouldn’t have grown and evolved with frequent updates and new editions over the past decades
    This implies GW bring out new editions to improve the game, maybe once upon a time. But not now. New editions especially the rushed out 7th are introduced to make money. I've no problem with that. The more profitable the company the better it is for us. But new editions are for making money not improving the game.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

First-Captain

If you want a game like war machine, play war machine, take the misogynistic page 5 ****e and go play to win. 40k isn't and hasn't ever been that game.

Yet, the *****ers are going to *****, because the anonymity of the net gives them e-courage.
    As one of the people I'm sure you refer to as a "*****er," I will gladly point out that the Internet gives me no "e-courage," and I say everything I say online to people in-person, and the only reason I don't say much of this in the local GW store is because I respect the manager and don't want to do anything negative in his store that potential customers might overhear and be driven off by. (He does, however, know my stance, and it's shared by multiple customers. Still, poor guy can't do much in his position to fix the issues we have, and he does his best to give us a nice environment to enjoy the games, so no one's about to take it out on him.)

So either quit being a problem and play, or go away.
    So your attitude is "If you don't agree with me, shut up and stop playing, and throw aside all the money you've spent."

Well, I might be a "*****er," but at least I'm not an ***hole.

Given that the OP agrees with someone being a total jerkwad, I guess that helps explain the tone of, "I should be able to beat your face in and play like a jerk because the game's rules don't prevent me from doing so."

Chapter-Master

Absolutely people can play what they want. But it is a social game and now requires an upfront understanding as to what each person is bringing to the table. The days when I would just pop into the game store and say 'hey who wants to play 40k at 2000 pts' are gone.

Why? Because I don't want to toss a Revenant titan backed up by serpents, jetbikes and a spirit council (almost guaranteed invisibility) on the table if my opponent is playing some fun fluffy list. It's a waste of everyone's time and there's absolutely no point. However it is interesting to run this list vs 3-5 knights.

On another note, excluding 40k Forgeworld items at this point is pretty stupid. Is it even possible to upset the balance when no balance exists?
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Absolutely people can play what they want. But it is a social game and now requires an upfront understanding as to what each person is bringing to the table. The days when I would just pop into the game store and say 'hey who wants to play 40k at 2000 pts' are gone.

Why? Because I don't want to toss a Revenant titan backed up by serpents, jetbikes and a spirit council (almost guaranteed invisibility) on the table if my opponent is playing some fun fluffy list. It's a waste of everyone's time and there's absolutely no point. However it is interesting to run this list vs 3-5 knights.

On another note, excluding 40k Forgeworld items at this point is pretty stupid. Is it even possible to upset the balance when no balance exists?
    I agree with you in general, for a friendly game yeah, bringing a hyper-competitive army is somewhat uncouth. But for a league, a tournament, or any other competitive event, not expecting other people to play competitively is just outright stupid (or suicidally optimistic).

As for ForgeWorld, at my game store at least it has something to do with the fact that the store can’t get wholesale ForgeWorld product to sell, so they feel that not every player has access to the product.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast