BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Obviously it's the new edition of the game. I mean more specifically what it entails, because that'll tell us how and why the world is changing and what will and won't be available~
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Brother-Sergeant

Basically, like I thought would happen as soon as I heard The End Times were actually the End Times for WH Fantasy, Games Workshop said eff you to players new and old of Lizardmen and to a lesser extent; Bretonnia and Beastmen.

What else would you call it? Chaos is Warriors, Daemons and Beastmen smooshed into one. Empire is now Humans, Ogres and Dwarves smooshed into one. Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings smooshed together in one. High, Dark and Wood Elves smooshed into one. And Orcs + Goblins as they are. Lizardmen are no more and for all those who have armies big and small, too bad! Thanks GW.

Now, watch Mantic Games make a lizardmen army, hopefully. I'm definitely converting to Mantic Games. Screw GW's 9th Edition.
    "Even the servants of the great enemy fear the crushing depths of our lair." - Jathalon Tidefury

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by flipchuck View Post
    The "miracle" would be 9th edition.
    The miracle would be if GW actually manage to get destroying the entire setting to fly with the customers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter Master Jake View Post
    Now, watch Mantic Games make a lizardmen army, hopefully. I'm definitely converting to Mantic Games. Screw GW's 9th Edition.
    they've already announced that they will be releasing rules for "reptillian" armies for Kings of War.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Sergeant

I know they've announced that, I'm just saying that they will be. Hopefully they'll be cool models with cool rules.
    "Even the servants of the great enemy fear the crushing depths of our lair." - Jathalon Tidefury

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I know they've announced that, I'm just saying that they will be. Hopefully they'll be cool models with cool rules.
    fair enoug
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Wasn't just the Slann and favourite pet Skinks - the Spawning Pools went with them. Survival of race seems relatively guaranteed based on that.

But yeah, currently - we just don't know.

We don't know what 9th Ed is going to look like at all. Many rumours, few reliable, and the reliable ones aren't particularly detailed by the admission of the rumour monger.

However, I don't think we'll be seeing as big a change as some claim.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Basically, like I thought would happen as soon as I heard The End Times were actually the End Times for WH Fantasy, Games Workshop said eff you to players new and old of Lizardmen and to a lesser extent; Bretonnia and Beastmen.

What else would you call it? Chaos is Warriors, Daemons and Beastmen smooshed into one. Empire is now Humans, Ogres and Dwarves smooshed into one. Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings smooshed together in one. High, Dark and Wood Elves smooshed into one. And Orcs + Goblins as they are. Lizardmen are no more and for all those who have armies big and small, too bad! Thanks GW.

Have you even read the End Times books? Nothing was smooshed together (and certainly not in the combinations you suggest). You were given the option of taking units from different armies, yes, but you don't have to. Nothing in End Times invalidates anything in the existing army books, there was no eff you to any existing races.

As for Lizardmen being gone, from a fluff perspective they are they only race that still exists. Everyone else got obliterated with the end of the world whilst they flew off into space.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Veteran-Sergeant

Can we now please have space Lizardmen?
    Whats that knocking on Khaines Gate? Space Lizardmen!!!

What if in the new installation we discover the end times was nothing more than Andy Chambers having a crazy dream after consuming too much mushroom tea. He then goes on to become the new CEO of Games Workshop. Overcome with joy Adam Troke, Matt Ward, Robin Cruddace, Jeremy Vetok and Phil Kelly all frantically masturbate into a vat of Finecast resin (Or Jervis Johnson whichever is closer). Out bursts forth an unholy jibbering horror who, though completely inept at talking to the opposite sex writes the most brilliant and balanced game rules to date. Sounds like a good read to me, well without all the jerking off...

Nah, lizardmen are still around, they just change their name to the more copyright friendly Seraphon. Having seen them in the new book, they still look pretty much the same as they do now. And Slann are able to summon in any unit. They are daemons of order now.

Worth reading 'Under the Black Thumb' e-short....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast