BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by Vaktathi View Post
    Did I miss something about 30k-specific units? AFAIK nobody is trying to bring Angron to a 40k game.

That said, there's a grip of models that have rules for both 30k and 40k, and they should absolutely be able to be used in 40k.

Likewise, even 30k HH stuff is still designed to use the same underlying core ruleset, just balanced around a different set of restrictions, and really, with 7E's formations, alternate detachments, and allies rules, even that's not particularly off-kilter anymore.
    Sicarians have been mentioned. Also, show me the 30k stuff in a 40k book and I will agree that it was made for both games.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    Sicarians have been mentioned. Also, show me the 30k stuff in a 40k book and I will agree that it was made for both games.
    Why don't Sicarans belong in 40k? They have rules written for their use in 40k, in Imperial Armour Volume 2 (for Loyalists) & Imperial Armour 13 (for CSM's). People aren't just taking them from the HH books and slapping them into 40k armies.

The very specifically "30K-only" stuff, things like Volkite-armed tanks and whatnot, aren't available for 40k, hence why you might see a Typhon heavy tank or Fellblade superheavy in 40k armies, and not a Glaive superheavy, but lots of units cross-over both.
    Last edited by Vaktathi; 03-22-2015 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    Rhino, drop pod, vindicator, spartan, proteus, whirlwind, predator, landspeeder, bikes, landraider, lightning, dreadnought, contemptor all in 30k, all in 40k books. Im sure theres more.

I was not aware they were in Imperial Armour, learn something new every day. I cede the point there.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456