BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

easier to see the differences of the one back left with the fusion gun, weapon mount position different, 'neck' protector and chest front armour like a riptide. plus the missile pods are clearly new. and the tau symbol has been added to the chest.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Either someone's gone to town with conversions, or those are definitely spangly new suits.

I'm hoping the latter.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

some one said this picture was from the Farsight Enclave book. Anyone out there have the book and can verify?
    Grenndal

Chapter-Master

yup, back page.

[URL=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/KirstenIGMB/media/20150901_185541_zps4m47ikvo.jpg.html][/URL]

it is a tricky one. it would be a hell of a lot of work to convert. I have built around 20 crisis suits, converted them to varying degrees. just to insert a waist for them would take a lot of effort, and they have been done beautifully. the one on the left has styling a lot like a broadside, but a broadside torso wouldn't match the legs or jet pack, it is obviously crisis suit sized. plus it is unusual to have conversions that aren't straight part swaps in official books. who knows though, if they are conversions, I want to see the work in progress, they are amazing.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 09-01-2015 at 12:02 PM.

Chapter-Master

Oh, What's New Today, 40k open day with Tau art work

Fly Lord

via multiple retailers 9-7-2015
    The following kits have been pulled from compulsory restock by retailers:

• Tau Fire Warriors
    • Tau XV8 Crisis Battlesuit Team

This means those kits will get replaced with either re-boxes, or updated models in the very near future.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Veteran-Sergeant

I've heard people talk about new tau suit that "is completely new and no one has ever seen before". This makes me think it'll be a limited edition model akin to the Ork, Space Wolf, Blood Angel and Tyranid models that came in the campaign boxes. It would be really funny if the special rules for a limited edition tau model were that of the buff commander, and for all other intents and purposes he was removed from the codex.
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Chapter-Master

getting closer, very exciting now. bring on the crisis suits.

I foresee Fire Warriors with heavy weapon options, slightly different-looking crisis suits, and Iridium crisis suits with new drones for commanders. If there ends up being a boxed set (which I kinda doubt, now), I expect 12 fire warriors (with Ion rifle heavy weapon options), 10 kroot, and a commander in Iridium Crisis suit for the Tau. Not sure who they would go up against, though. White Scars maybe? a scout bikers squad, tactical marine squad, and a captain on a bike?

I would jump on that so fast... I doubt there's anyone on these boards who wouldn't buy THAT set!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik Booraem VI View Post

I would jump on that so fast... I doubt there's anyone on these boards who wouldn't buy THAT set!

Raises hand.

DONUT WANT.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast