BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

via [URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/GwlWsjGgacY/additional-tau-release-information.html"]anonymous[/URL] (via Faeit) 9-17
    Source 1
    Fire warriors will be a dual kit.
    No new sub-races for Tau (Kroot & Vepsid only), no model change for them.

Source 2
    I believe Tau to be a three week release

Source 3
    I saw the new Tau codex, unfortunately not the content but the front and back cover, front cover looks like the old codex with a crisis suit.

The new photo on the back cover is very interesting, everything is painted in white with:

1. New XV8 crisis suit, with new shoulder guard similar to current fire warriors and potentially new jetpack
    2. New XV8 commander, with a new jet pack (may be the old one, but the jet pack and pose looks different)
    3. New Ethereal (I think)
    4. Some Tau specified terrains, sort of a watch tower and a sentry post kind of thing.
    5. A new suit class, I think its larger than XV88 but smaller than Riptide, with the head of a stealth suit, unsure of the weapon load though
    6. A new suit at the back of the photo, may be a dual kit with the above
    7. A new massive suit, larger than Riptide! very bulky with a shoulder mounted rail cannon of sort (very big) and having very large missile pods instead of arms (kind of like a ******* child of Tomahawk from Macross and Zssa from Gundam ZZ, but no arms though)
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Excellent
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I'm hoping the alternate option for the Fire Warrior kit has the old school helmets! I have to admit, it's a style that really grew on me, and my Shas'la just wouldn't be the same without it.

Shame the guy didn't get a picture, though. Also a shame that Vespid aren't getting new models. Here's hoping for new rules, at least.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

the new heads have grown on me, but the option would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    the new heads have grown on me, but the option would be cool.
    They do look nice, but I'm hoping it'll be a Tempestus Scions deal with two head style options. That way I can save heads for some sweet Gue'vesa.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

I would think so, most things these days have multiple head options

I'm in a bit of a dilemma here - I can either travel up to Warhammer World and spend up to £400 on a Mechanicum army, or I can spend the whole of October spending up to £500 on Tau.

Urgh this is going to be a tough decision.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    I'm hoping the alternate option for the Fire Warrior kit has the old school helmets!
    I'm completely the opposite; I think the new heads are SO much nicer than the old. The old ones are so goofily preposterously large! All the Tau in them have giant baby heads!

AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

I don't think the old ones are large at all, what I don't like about the new ones is they look larger to me

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    I'm completely the opposite; I think the new heads are SO much nicer than the old. The old ones are so goofily preposterously large! All the Tau in them have giant baby heads!

I like how they're more angled, and look to offer more armour.

It's like a slow burn 'evolution of Power Armour'
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast