BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

white dwarf isn't up yet, still only pre-order for this issue, no digital version yet. one of the few issues I would actually buy, and it isn't up yet
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Was looking at my Tau Empire Codex last night.

I'd be lying if I said I was tempted...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

was, or wasn't?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

wasn't.

I blame overtime, and hitting 150% of target.

It's borked my brian.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Via Faeit 212 - this is additional information from the same source that leaked some of the rules yesterday. All credit goes to Naftka and his source.

A couple insights to the new Ghostkeel model and some special rules
    1. The torso can be open or closed to show a pilot inside. Both a male and female Tau are included. A good thing to possibly magnetize.
    2. The Sensor Arrays are on the battlesuit look the same as the Shadowsun's.
    3. The Stealth Drones carry stealth emitters underneath replacing the standard weapons.

Regarding special rules- no infiltration
    -Fire Team
    -Stealth
    -Supporting Fire

Countermeasures. Once per game, you can disrupt the targeting of an enemy unit, if it is targeting the Ghostkeel's unit, before dice are rolled. That unit can only make snap shots during that shooting phase.
    So going off what we already know, it appears that; the Ghostkeel innately has Stealth but gains Shrouded from the Stealth Drones; Supporting Fire REMAINS; Fire Team (perhaps a new army special rule?); no Infiltrate does hurt its competitive uses but being a super durable Jet Pack Monstrous Creature it would probably be too good for its points with Infiltrate; the Countermeasures rule is INSANE. If you don't understand why the Countermeasures rule is crazy, let me explain; you can soak up the regular fire that comes your way and won't get past your 2+ cover save, but the moment something is fired at it that will legitimately threaten the Ghostkeel - i.e. a Skyray unloads all 6 of its Seeker Missiles with Markerlight support to try and one-shot it, or it gets targeted by that Baneblade variant with the Ignores Cover S10 AP2 7" Blast weapon - you can then go "nuh-uh!" and force them to Snap Fire. Sure it only works once but in the case of this thing once may be enough given how potent it is at close ranges!

This thing is most definitely a super-cheap, super-durable fire magnet and I really love the way its rules are coming together now. I also just realized that must mean the Stealth Drones provide extra Wounds for the Ghostkeel but will force it to take Leadership tests if one dies (unless new Drone rules or that Fire Team rule change this). I wonder if the Drones are paid-for or come with the Ghostkeel for free? Also just an FYI regarding the Skyray and Seeker Missiles - the above trick won't work with the Countermeasures rule if the Seeker Missiles are fired using Markerlight tokens. If they are fired normally but buffed by Markerlights the trick will work though.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 10-03-2015 at 11:18 AM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Seems best dealt with in hth, which is nowt new for Tau.

My goodness this is only getting better and better. So happy.

Pathfinders are gone- "no longer available".....

- - - Updated - - -

Humm...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	15934  

The Pathfinders (And Broadsides as some say they are gone too) Are probably just being reboxed to have the white colorscheme on the box.

Pathfinders could be getting repackaged - bases, transfers, artwork etc.

Recently, stuff being repackaged is listed as 'sold out' rather than 'not currently available'. Bit of a pain, but no biggy.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast