BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by rogueaccount View Post
    Overall I'm pleased with it. It's taken care of my infantry problems. I'll be looking to battlefoam or kr multicase for my gargoyles, shrikes, and MC needs.
    Better go ahead and order now to guarantee delivery before the next ice age.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Sounds about like what I expected. My Orks should be fine because they're sturdy, but some things like Skeleton Archers could have an issue. I'd be concerned about my Iron Warriors Warpsmith, but I've pretty much written that model off as a $30 loss due to the resin being so fragile pieces snap every time I try to handle it. It'll be interesting to see how a Verminlord works in there. Bloodthirster is an odd shape too, but it's not as thin in places as the Verminlord.

Chapter-Master

given how much they appear to hold, I bought a skirmish case for my Night Lords, and a crusade case for... something else... possibly my Tau, depending on how many Riptides I can fit in it. possibly my high elves and dark elves...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

So I got my crusader case - I'm already thinking of taking it back though.

Its a GREAT case for infantry. Awesome. But I don't know how the hell they managed to fit Nagash in there. I can barely squeeze a couple of dreadnoughts and a pair of rhinos in the bottom trays.

Land raider? Forget it. Baneblade? not a chance. Eldar tanks or MCs? No way.

I squeezed a bunch of dreadnoughts a couple of rhinoes and pretty much all of my infantry into it. Couldn't fit a dreadknight or a stormraven or a single drop pod in though.

The crusade case isn't very big at all. Its easily carry-on sized for airlines. I was very surprised to see how small it was. I was expecting something a lot bigger.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

sounds like plenty of stuff though for a small case.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Incase anyone was wondering
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	citadel_crusade_case_dimensions.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	211.2 KB 
ID:	13417  

They were smaller than I expected when I saw them in person. Still might get one. Not as certain if they will work for my Eldar, but I have marines that need a case too.

Librarian

I saw one in person as well, and they are indeed quite small, even the Crusade one. You can certainly fit a Knight or a couple of vehicles in there, but certain vehicle-heavy forces won't find much value here. I wouldn't recommend this for Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau, Imperial Knights, or even armies with lots of big tanks or Drop Pods. :I

Great for armies that are troop-heavy, like Guard and Orks, but as soon as you add any unwieldy models like winged Hive Tyrants or Riptides or whatever, the space just diminishes very quickly.

If you want any of these boxes, use them for infantry, bring your vehicles and big things in something else.

For my Ork infantry, deff koptas, and Battlewagons, these cases seem pretty solid. Deff Dreads and Killer Kans, I'm a bit concerned, because those suckers can break way too easily.

My Khemri Warsphinx will never sit in one of these. But then, I haven't found a good means of transport for it yet, given the tall banner pole and all the thin spears sticking out in multiple directions.

For the bigger stuff, did you consider turning the top tray upside down? I know this limits it to big stuff and may not be cost effective though.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast