BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

The cases are tiny, but fit loads! My local GW was playing with their delivery this lunchtime, and they fit the entire contents of Dark Vengeance into half of the Skirmish case (one of the two trays). To say that I'm impressed is an understatement! If you don't have tanks/fliers/knights, a Skirmish case is all you need to carry an army.

I don't like the look of the Battle case, it's dimensions just seem off to me. Looks too short & stout, like a lunchbox or something. I'll probably get a Crusade and a Skirmish.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

I'll be buying the Crusade case for my Birthday when I'm at Warhammer World next month.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Tbh, a surprisingly small case that still packs loads is exactly what I need. Though I'm grateful to BoLS for my free Army Transport bags I won here, they're pretty chunky for getting on the bus with.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

You won those? I didn't think someone outside the US would actually have a chance due to shipping considerations...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Neither did I, shipping from Texas on the bill was immense. Also came with a tonne of BoLS stickers that were attached to people's possessions in the store while they weren't looking. Surprisingly hard to take off, as well.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    I wonder if the stores will have a "demo" case. Then again, there aren't really any stores near me anymore, so I guess that point is moot. But I'd like to see if my DE Raiders or Ravagers will actually fit in these things safely.

Even if not, it could be useful for my Orks. Tons of space for all my Boyz.
    I'm thinking you should be fine. the description on the webstore mentions spikey models in particular. The Crusade case is already in 'Temporarily Out of Stock' status - well, that was fast!

"Packing and unpacking the case is absurdly quick and easy; any model, however pointy, placed anywhere within the channels will be protected as well as if you’d spent countless hours hacking away at a custom fit. You’ll free up more time to concentrate on games, painting or just showing off your miniatures collection. The channel foam is as efficient a use of space as possible, allowing you to store more models more safely than any other case. Have a look at the images or check out the video in the tab to the right to to get a taste for just how life-changingly excellent these cases are - you won’t be able to work out how you lived without them. It’s ok. Those dark times are over now.

We know that you want the best protection for your miniatures - the foam inside the case is slightly larger than the case itself, and will compress around the figures when closed, ensuring a minimum of movement for any miniature.. It also has nylon catches, so if you should drop it the catches won’t break. To ensure the robustness of the stress points, a metal hinge runs along the back, strengthening and adding a reassuring weightiness."
    na na na na na... wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I'm thinking you should be fine. the description on the webstore mentions spikey models in particular. The Crusade case is already in 'Temporarily Out of Stock' status - well, that was fast!
    There's been a lot of preorders at the local GW store with the Crusade case, so I'm not surprised.

(Granted, I think we also accounted for at least 5 of the 500 limited edition Archaon books, too. So Jacksonville might be a special case with GW stuff.)

These are really a good deal considering what is out there!

I just picked up and loaded my crusade case. It holds all of my gants, gaunts, genestealers, warriors, zoanthropes, malanthropes, broodlords, and hive guard conversions. The trays are clearly designed for imperial armies with sturdy weapon barrels and smooth profiles.

It is a nice and heavy duty case that is pretty light and a manageable size. The strap is nice and the hooks for it are a nice heavy metal. It includes 4 of the nested trays (8 total). The foam seems to be pretty tough and high quality and the floating dividers are designed to not break out in a stiff breeze.

My 40ish genestealers are a real challenge for this system. Basically they're riding in a bottom tray with their arms resting on the tops of the dividers. The wavy dividers have me nesting my gants with their tails running along side the next one. The resin venomthropes will not be an easy placement.

I'm not sold on the ease of putting models in and taking them out. Having to not get caught on floating dividers with aspikey bit slows it down versus a fitted slot.

Big models will result in the top tray of that particular block being discarded or thrown on top as a cap (upside down).

Overall I'm pleased with it. It's taken care of my infantry problems. I'll be looking to battlefoam or kr multicase for my gargoyles, shrikes, and MC needs.

I'm not sold on the ease of putting models in and taking them out.
    That is only for imperial models...
    If I would put my DE in there, I would need an hour to fix broken parts again. While I love the models they are a challenge to transport.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast