BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Librarian

less bulk in parts but far more length/wingspan. mine flies from mission to mission in a cardboard box with a few inches of eggshell on the bottom. Aside from casing for figures the cost of foaming tens of thousands of points of vehicles has never really appealed to me, most of my stuff is in smaller tupperwares in larger tupperwares each surrounded by and stuffed in with all the bubblewrap that these guys come to me in

I carry everything in bubble wrap, either transported in Army Transport bags or toolboxes.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Detachable wings makes the Valk much easier to transport-- this can be accomplished by either a 1/8" disc magnet in the pylon "shoulder" at the front of the wing, or a sturdy pin going in to the wing root.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

I tried magnets, but a series of smaller ones in a line along the interface between the wing and fuselage. Had the problem of not quite feeling sturdy enough to trust, and made it awkward to work out how to attach the elevator panel.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    I tried magnets, but a series of smaller ones in a line along the interface between the wing and fuselage. Had the problem of not quite feeling sturdy enough to trust, and made it awkward to work out how to attach the elevator panel.
    I think the key is to attach the pylons themselves to the hull, and just make the outer wing removable- this way it's just a bulky rectangle, instead of a giant cruciform nightmare. I'll see if I can find my camera and post a picture of how mine is set up.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678