BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comicon London

Chapter-Master

See I don't generally have this problem. Get an early access ticket for Manchester/Telford and the worst bit is twenty mins stood in the queue.
    Though they have laid both of them out far better in the last couple of years.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Thing is both Manchester and Telford seem to be a bit...empty.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

London one is doubling it's floor space this year, so should help with the crowding.

And 4 Advance Entry tickets ordered for Saturday 23rd May. WOOOOOOO!
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 03-23-2015 at 05:50 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

They're generally alright tbh CG. Most of the complaints I heard about London Mystery were actually about the piss poor organisation to actually get people in.

Ah that doesn't fuss me much.

Will be driving there (easy to get to, as 90% of it is the route to my work anyhow!)and I can be pretty patient in queues.

I figure get in early (as in as long as we're in earlier than the pleb tickets) and snaffle all the good stuff, then can mooch about to my heart's content.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

I've never quite clicked with mcm. I will however have a stall at LFCC if anybody would like to say hello

First-Captain

have been thinking of going, but to be honest, while I enjoy reading the odd comic and watching Marvel films, (sorry DC non Batman films are bad), there really isn't much to interest me, so I'll save my money and time for Salute next month instead, lots of figures and paints here I come!
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

The UK Con Family
    MCM LONDON EXPO:
    The abusive spouse to whom you keep returning, telling yourself 'it's my fault, it'll be better next time if I try harder and wear a more comfortable costume'.
    AYACON:
    Your first love who died tragically young.
    KITACON:
    The comfortable husband. That being, someone else's husband. He's rich and has a gorgeous house, and he's always up for a drink and a good time. But he's way out of your league (and often your wallet). Collects chairs.
    MCM TELFORD, MANCHESTER, BIRMINGHAM:
    The little siblings who you're quite fond of, and visit if you're close enough, but who make you sit down and view all their ebay listings on the chance they can flog you some bootleg ****.
    ALCON:
    The creepy inbred cousin who lives in your shed and preys on small children. Your mum is always trying to set you up with him for some reason.
    AMECON:
    That one guy who's awesome to party with but who seems to have slept in this year. Never around when you need him.
    SUNNYCON:
    That distant relative who seems quite nice, but who no-one seems to have actually met.
    LONDON ANIME CON:
    That relative in jail who keeps sending you emails begging you to visit.
    TOKANATSU:
    The hippy aunt who comes back with tales of grassy adventures. Don't wear white around her.
    ONECON:
    Who the hell is Onecon.
    THOUGHTBUBBLE:
    That homely northern relative with the nice accent.
    HYPER JAPAN:
    That awesome relative who brings you delicious food and seems to get dressed by rolling around in their closet.
    LFCC:
    The shy cousin who's always up for a conversation about Doctor Who. Or Marvel. Or Star Trek. You're glad you don't have to talk to him for more than a weekend a year.
    GEMUCON:
    The newborn who needs to move house and hasn't quite got the hang of stairs.
    from tumblr

I'd like to go because Felicia Day is going to be there....
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I dunno, I went to LFCC once with friends, and after £200 each for tickets, we were a little bit aghast when we were expected to pay £15+ per autograph, there were so few talks or exhibits that were free, and there's just a depressing lack of cosplay on show there.

It felt like a money-gouging convention devoted to making everyone buy as much merchandise as possible. My friend paid £90 to see Stan Lee, which was simply shaking the guy's hand, saying a couple of words, and sitting next to him for a picture. It's a hilariously awkward picture as well, so he hasn't even used it on Facebook. :P

Meeting celebrities is cool and all. I met Hodor's actor, (and boy, trying to think of a decent question to ask was fun with that character!) Forgot that Dan Abnett would be present, so I didn't manage to get my copy of Horus Rising signed.

I dunno, MCM is much more about the atmosphere and the free talk panels. I found that a much more enjoyable weekend than LFCC. Especially given the price difference...
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast