BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Brother-Sergeant

So here's a mock up of the first heavy weapons team.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB270028.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	858
    I've built the main chassis, along with one of the legs. It'll be a walker, similar to a defiler, but on a smaller scale. Yes, it does fit on a 50mm base. The gun is removable. 2 minutes in Paint will give you a better idea of what it'll look like with all four legs.

Name:	PB270028-edited.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	859

I'm talking to one of the locals and I think I'll be able to get him to cast the pieces for me so that I won't have to make 20 or 30 of these things by hand. The smokestacks are currently separate pieces to make casting easier.

I've already slashed my finger once while working on this model, I'd bleed myself dry making more of them! Now, since I have shed blood for the army, and since the army is dedicated to chaos, that should mean I'll only roll 6's, right?

The next step in construction, greenstuffing the hell out of the chimeras and the infantry!

Lux

Brother-Sergeant

Well, I've painted 75 guardsmen, seven chimeras, six hydras, three basilisks, and two shadowswords, all in the last week!

Ok, they were Epic models.

Name:	PC070001.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	884Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC070002.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	885
    They were painted in basically the same scheme as the traitor guard though. I've had the army for years and had never painted it. I painted those models in about 2hrs last Thursday. If only a 40k army painted up as quickly.

They're small enough that I can carry a tray or two of epic models and some paints with me to the store without needing an extra case. I can paint for an hour or so, finish a bunch of stuff, and still play several games.

As for the 40k side, it's been mostly grunt work- cleaning mold lines, gap filling, nothing all that exciting or photo worthy. However, tonight and tomorrow I'll be doing some greenstuff work on the chimeras to show daemonic infestation and I will have photos of that!

Lux

Brother-Sergeant

Progress continues!

I want to make sure the army isn't simply an IG force with chaos stars instead of aquilla's. This army needs to show the real influence of chaos- so lots of conversions and additions. With the first two chimera's, I've chosen to show that by sculpting in "daemonic pus" coming out of the inside, sort of a homage to the daemonic possession rules. There are also other subtle changes. For instance, the tow hooks are from the chaos vehicle sprue instead of the standard IG towhook. The chaos ones look more....'evil'. The chain of course is another pretty standard feature. And of course, there are the chaos stars.

Name:	PC100013.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	887Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC100014.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	888

Last night the painting finally started.

Name:	PC100009.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	889Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC100012.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	890

This is the medusae hull with an additional shot/idea of what the final product will eventually look like with the hellcannon as the weapon. The cannon still needs some gapfilling before it gets primed, and then it's detailed enough that I'll need to paint it separately. I do have two additional suspensors completed, but not attached yet.

The vehicle colors still need a lot of work! I'll be glazing, weathering, and washing everything. And then, of course, the metal still needs to be highlighted, and the tracks painted, and the........ you get the idea. But the basic parts are there. Two more pics of another chimera in the next post, since I'm bumping up against my picture limit for this one.

Lux

Brother-Sergeant

The additional pics, as promised. On this chimera, the top hatch goo will have a large eye in it. The colors of the goo still aren't near completed. Expect more pinks and reds. I was limited by the colors I had on hand with me at the store yesterday.

Name:	PC100004.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	891Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC100005.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	180.3 KB 
ID:	892Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC100007.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	186.7 KB