Well I just watched the video and it looks like a pretty keen game.

No maneuver dial no defense dice shoot first then move!?! Well its gonna have a way different play style to it.
So it looks like the three colors of dice all represent different weapon types? It would be cool if you can get the mat they were using.
I really thought it was cool how squadrons are moved out of the way by the player not moving the ship, you want to watch your maneuvers lest your opponent get to bugger up where the ships are, so it's good you can play with the measure stick before moving.

At first I thought that would be the big gimmick of the game (Cuz they are different from anything else I have ever seen, except maybe the measure stick from Doomfleet) but now it looks like the action cup is what the game is all about. Having to assign them at the start of the game means you better have a plan when going in, also those refresh abilities (like reassign damage) look important too (Till the blue dice get going!)

Average sized game is 300 points, definitely gonna cost more than X-Wing (Does anyone know what wave ships are going for?) and take longer too. I really liked how X-Wing is all to scale (Scaling issues are what make attack wing look like crap, not to mention the paint jobs, looks like I got that ship from a Kinder Suprise!) but Armada is not to scale yet I find I don't care, they try and get close plus it's a whole different set of game rules!

I gotta say though... Those grey cups they use for the actions are damned ugly nothing more pleasing than grey. Also I wasn't a big fan of the wound indicator on the Squadron bases it all seems so much less definitive when you can see all the numbers...

All in all my current view is that I will buy the Starter box and give it a go but I'm not gaga over it like I am for X-Wing you know? X-Wing is exciting like a pod race or a Puerto Rican with a wooden leg were Armada is slow and ponderous more like stuff that was going on in the background during all the cool dogfight scenes. But hey they barely scratched on how squadrons work in that video so maybe it will be more action packed than watching it looked like...