BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Bridging the Gap with Dark Angels - 25mm to 32mm

I've had an odd modeling pet project kicking around for a while - making a 32mm base adapter for 25mm bases. I know updating isn't a requirement, but I really like having the extra space to play with (one of my Chaos Havocs is getting an Ammo Slave following him around :3).

I tried this out with a test-painted Dark Vengeance Tactical Marine I had lying around - didn't want to muss up one of Chaos' glorious Chosen on a test-drive, and it always bugged me how so many of the snap-fit Tactical's little toesy-woesies poked over the edge of their base. I'm pretty pleased with how he turned out!

I liked how I didn't have to redo the entire base, but I'm not sure if I'll use these for my Chaos guys - looking into flatter bases, the "pedestal" look is starting to bug me.

If you're interested in picking up some of these for yourself, [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?54356-25mm-32mm-Base-Boosters&p=484811#post484811"]check out my post in the Bazaar.[/URL]

GW brings out a new base size to grief the 3rd Party Suppliers... the 3rd Party Suppliers turn it in to a new product.

Feels weird to be called a supplier - technically accurate, made sure I could produce many copies w/ consistent quality before offering anything for sale - but still, I haven't sold anything and it's barely been 2 days since they went up on eBay :P