BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default CSM Rules Query?

Is it possible for a Demon Prince (using the Crimson Slaughter Suppliment) to take the 'Prophet of the Voices' Artefact? giving him: shrouded/beasts/3++.

what about if it has wings? as roll #2 on the Slaves to the Voices table indicates the unit type changes from Infantry to Beasts.

Dont see why not. Not considered it before... At 30pts might be pricy for unpredictable perks, compared to giving greater gifts from the daemon book.
    Probably best combo'd with Tzeentch (the 3++ would be effectively beast mode rerolling 1's) or a Khorne Prince, as Shrouded and Rending perks are wasted 33% of the time. Roll 2 is where you will get a conflict though, whether it has wings or not - the units type cant change from Infantry if it is already a MC. I would rule that Slave to the Voices has no effect on DP on the roll of a 3-4.

Veteran-Sergeant

I was thinking a Khorne or Tzeentch DP anyway...

I have had two tournaments (crucible in Orlando and the adepticon) rule differently on a prince being permitted in a crimson slaughter detachment, first no since they have Voltw, then yes since they don't "take" Voltw but rather just come with it. I favor the latter ruling since the daemon heart specifies princes can't take it ( so why mention that if princes aren't allowed at all?).

As for the beasts roll I think it would apply but just not make much difference if it has wings already. They'd get fleet and ignore slowing terrain altogether.