BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Open-Topped + Flamers?

So...

IMHO, the flamer-rule for the OT-transport is OP...why? Well...as an Dark Eldar player, who plays Orks occasionally, i find the d6 WAY too much of destruction...d3 would have been enough. If the Venom spam was too much, 4 dicegodz sake, was this the answer? You CAN NOT play, Dark Eldar Warriors or Wyches against Grey Knights. Why? Cos Dredknight is the best unit in the book = torrent flamer = everything dead without an 3+...it really gets kind of boring to play against the GK with Eldar = Wave Serpents to survive, and, oh they are so OP...

So, how would i fix this? Simple, d3 hits inside of an Open-Topped vehicle, ding, there you go GW. Logic and reason.

- Lost Vyper
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Banned

[URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52257-Homebrew-Unofficial-Rules"]And the question is?...[/URL]
    Last edited by Charistoph; 03-27-2015 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52257-Homebrew-Unofficial-Rules"]And the question is?...[/URL]
    I think it was:

"Why? Oh, God, WHYYYYYYY!!!!!!!............"

Or something like that.

Chapter-Master

You're playing DE, and you're having problems killing Dreadknights?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Yep, 36 shots from the Venoms and usually 1 wound, next round, torrent flamer = dead dudes. And if this topic is in a wrong place, please move it.
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Vyper View Post
    Yep, 36 shots from the Venoms and usually 1 wound, next round, torrent flamer = dead dudes. And if this topic is in a wrong place, please move it.
    Splinter weapons aren't the answer to everything.

No s*** sherlock, hard to mount something else on the Venom´s...it´s the flamers & force weapons i´m concerned about, Talos etc. won´t work...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

yes. the gw sudden love for flamers did come out of the blue. and the DE glass transports probably suffer the most.

think the only answer is blockers. and wait till turn 3 before committing to get the power from pain bonuses

and take eldar allies ?

weve houseruled against certain abuses - but thats down to the play-group !

Then field something other than venoms.

Also, didn't you complain about this the last time you fought blood angels? Seems like you let him flame 2 venoms in one shot IIRC.

Well, i´m a whiny guy, deal with it . It might have been (but i think it was against GK and i mishapped with Scalpel to form a line), but with pure DE it´s Venoms or Raiders. Field what? Dave has a point. I lost one game just cos i put too much unit on the table and took the flamers = dead. Sure, Eldar allies work like a charm, but the point was PURE DE-list. BA Tactical-list is normally Heavy-flamer,Flamer,Combi-flamer in a Rhino x 3. Now-a-dayz, thats a good one against DE. Eldar would tear that with WS´s in a second. But the main idea of the discussion was, do YOU think the OT + Flamers is OP?
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast