BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    IF he is already on the table.
    IF both squads arrive at the same time.
    IF they do not scatter.

Thats a whole lot of IF.
    Nothing in the game can hurt him if he's not on the table, its a non-issue. It feels like you're arguing just for the sake of arguing.

2 Venoms (without crew) 1,333 wounds on average
    Ravager: 1,111 wounds on average

So... in what world is 1,333 worse than 1,111?
    Again you should check your math. 9 shots, 2/3 hit, 1/3 wound, 1/3 save. Seems to me ravager's doing just as good a job as the venoms, and at 25 less points.

"Probably kill him" was a mistake in language in this case, I meant a chance to kill him. Because even in the best circumstances where the ravager hits and wounds all lances while the dredknight misses all saves he will score a maximum of 3 wounds, while the Venoms (with an outlier in saves) could possibly kill him.
    Pretty big mistake in language, but whatever. And I never said lances on the ravager. Beyond that, if your opponent is rolling badly enough your venoms kill his knight, odds are you could have killed him with anything.

If only Dark Eldar were mobile enough to spread out wide enough or had access to tanks with multiple S8 AP2 shots...

It's not the rules, it's poor tactics. I play pure DE too and I have yet to lose against Grey Knights with multiple Dreadknights. Sure, if they get first turn, each murders most passengers in 1-2 Venoms, but that's why you brought 7 plus 3 Raiders plus 3 Ravagers plus Reavers. So you trade 120 points units against 250 points units. That seems fair enough to me.

That reminds me of your Sicarans are OP thread. OP seems to mean 'good against me' to you.
    That Incinerator is just OK against most stuff, it just happens to laugh at DE and Ork vehicles and some light infantry. But in a faction where every model is 20 points or more with Marine stats, they need all the help they can get.

Chapter-Master

As a competitive Grey Knight player, Dark Eldar hard counter Grey Knights. There are very few things that GKs can do to effectively fight back. If you're DE and losing to GK, the problem is definitely not that Dreadknights are OP.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I play Dark Eldar and have no problems with grey Knights at all.
    In fact they are probably the easiest army I have to face as my Wyches (that I run at least 2 squads of 10 of every game) can shrug off force weapon wounds with their invulnerable save.
    And yes the grey knight player has quite a lot of Incinerators.

I do miss the days of 5th edition when agonisers were Ap 2 as I managed to kill a Dreadknight with a single Hekatrix before the rest of her squad got to do anything...(now it'd get an armour save rather than the invulnerable)

Brother-Captain

I've never heard anyone say that the Flamer rule in regards to Open Topped vehicles is over powered. If anything most players I know and play with believe it to be under-powered. Instead of getting what is often at least 5-8 hits with a flamer template, you have to trust to a dice role of a single D6 -- at a chance of only hitting 1, one!

And yeah, like the two guys above me said: if you're losing to GK's, it's definitely not because Dreadknights are overpowered.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

So spam spam, spam spam spam? What a delightful idea, why didn´t i think of that? :0. Well, i´ll soon have total of four Venoms and 20 Warriors. That should keep the heat on more. It´s interesting that most of the comments here have nothing to do with the discussion, i think only two has said OP or NOT. It seems, that most of the people are fine with the rule. Maybe as an Marine -player, i would too, but hey, that´s how the cookie crumbles...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Vyper View Post
    So spam spam, spam spam spam? What a delightful idea, why didn´t i think of that? :0. Well, i´ll soon have total of four Venoms and 20 Warriors. That should keep the heat on more. It´s interesting that most of the comments here have nothing to do with the discussion, i think only two has said OP or NOT. It seems, that most of the people are fine with the rule. Maybe as an Marine -player, i would too, but hey, that´s how the cookie crumbles...
    Its funny, you play badly and thus think a rule that hurts you is OP, and everyone who disagrees with you must be a marine player because the rule doesn't hurt them. Reminds me of the whole:

Dear GW,

Paper is OP. Scissors is fine.

Sincerely,
    Rock.

Chapter-Master

This is the same guy who started a thread complaining about how utterly broken Sicarian Battle Tanks are, because they're good at killing his Hornets and Wave Serpents...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

If you play venom spam you deserve to burn... its a compensation for the "i shoot way to much and have a 5++ save" vehicle, cant have it al.

Quote Originally Posted by wolflold View Post
    If you play venom spam you deserve to burn... its a compensation for the "i shoot way to much and have a 5++ save" vehicle, cant have it al.
    I thought the whole "dies to bolters but costs more than a rhino" was compensation for that?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123