BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default my brother claims you cannot use mortarchs at tournys/the combined list. is this true

im not in the competitive scene but i have a mortarch ive been spending a ton of time painting with the HOPES of using him as mannfred. is it true what he says about not being able to use these models in a tourny? i personally have seen mention of nagash bans but never mortarchs (tho i can see that being the case)

hope hes wrong because a vamp on a dragon isnt what i had in mind lol

Don't check with us; check with the organiser of the particular tournament you want to go to. There's no universal law that says they all decide the same way.

What Houghten said; there's no/very little standardization between Warhammer tournaments.

Occuli Imperator

Each TO has their own set of rules so it all depends.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

thats a shame i wish there was something to build off of

If it helps, I don't understand why the Games-Workshop Vampire Counts book would be "more" official than the Games-Workshop End Times: Nagash book.

They're both rule-sets produced by the GW design team. If your bro thinks one of them is unofficial, the burden is on him to prove why.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    If it helps, I don't understand why the Games-Workshop Vampire Counts book would be "more" official than the Games-Workshop End Times: Nagash book.

They're both rule-sets produced by the GW design team. If your bro thinks one of them is unofficial, the burden is on him to prove why.

we both agree nagash can be broken. thats the reason. its true he can be delt with but idk i guess ive read a few tournys that DID ban nagash but i suppose that was a while ago before like 20 other op heroes came out

Some Tournaments allow End Times, others don't. Wait for a few months and it will all be in 9th edition, so TOs can invent a whole new set of rules for their events.

Brother-Sergeant

With the 5th End Times book came out and offical updates to the rules cause by the End Time books, Book 1 is more offical then the Vampire army book. But yeah, it's up to the people running the tournament about any final say. I'm pretty sure now that there are more big End Time special characters out now, your model is most likely legal.
    It's like killing two hobbits with one stone...
    And remember, there is no "I" in team but there is a "ME".