BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Khorne Daemonkin and Chaos Knights

I've kept my Thousand Sons in 40K over the years, but I know they are no match for the eldar Wave Serpent spam or the truck loads of Imperial Armor. Chaos just doesn't get enough heavy weapons to pull through against those armies. That's been that way since fifth edition. I've been thinking of going with an all Imperial Knights army, but using the Lord of Skulls body to replace the upper torsos so I have Khorne Knights. It's a very expensive proposition to say the least. Now that Yoy Mart is blocked off. So this is to those gamers who know about the new Khorne Daemonkin Codex. Is it possible to run two Lord of Skulls in an army? (One for warengine and the other for HQ choice) I like the Lord of Skulls models, and I wouldn't mind picking up some khorne models if it made sense. Two superheavies should do fine against most of the souped up meta, but I really don't like khorne berzerkers on foot. They really belong in land raiders, and I think the Daemonkin Codex was lacking land raiders. Any suggestions about that?

Brother-Sergeant
    Germany, Baden Württemberg, Reutlingen/Tübingen

Take a slaughtercult and you may add up to 8 Lords of skulls...
    Khorne daemonkin have some kind of specific detachment just like nwcrons...

Veteran-Sergeant

it also has landraiders in it

I didn't realize that the Lord of Skulls has I 3, and that means Imperial Knights will go first against it, and 888 points, that's a lot to lose to a 370 point model. Anyway, how does the standard force organization chart work with daemonkin khorne? I bought the book today. I know about the special force organization like the slaughter cult, but are all the rules for daemonkin khorne associated with that? Can I take two bloodthirsters for two HQs, three berzerker squads for troops, and three land raiders for heavy support? All of the mentioned units are in the book, I am just uncertain how it all plays out. The chaos space marine codex has three hull points on its landraiders while the daemonkin khorne has four HP. Which one is correct? I think the standard force organization chart for daemonkin khorne would work out better than using the slaughtercult. You have to be prepared to loose a lot of guys in order to summon an extra bloodthirster.

And Summoning that Bloodthirster is garbage, because it will have to deepstrike and thus count as swooping/flying. So if by a miracle (or your opponent killing 8 of your units turn 1) you have 8 points turn two, it will deepstrike and use its 1 S6 shot. Turn 3 it can land and have another single shot, then facetank a whole army's worth of shooting. If it still lives turn 4, it finally gets to charge. And this is the perfect case of summoning it on turn 2. Honestly, the Bloodtide rule is ****e to summon Bloodthirsters, not that they are pretty bad for their points to start with.

Overall, the special detachment is not that great as a lot of good units require bad units to be taken at the same time, so depending on what you want to take, I'd try writing up a list with it and the CAD and see where you get more for your points.

Frankly, I am let down by this book. If you want to play CSM with some chance of matching tier 1 lists, go full Nurgle. T6 Bikers with a Lord with 2+ armour from Crimson Slaughter and a level 3 (no mark) for Invisibility are the way to go, 5 Plague Marines in a Rhino are 2 1/2 special weapons at a low cost, so bring 2-3 of those, then season with Nurgle Spawn, Heldrakes, Maulerfiends and Forgefiends (maybe go double CAD with some cheap cultists and a second Sorcerer as you can easily fill 6 FA slots) The idea is to overwhelm a flank by turn 2 and once you are in melee, few things can stop T6 spam.

Damn that free Bloodthirster.

Imagine having an aspiring champion birth a rock hard Greater Daemon. I can't think of a plus side to a Greater Daemon suddenly turning up either. Not a one.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Damn that free Bloodthirster.

Imagine having an aspiring champion birth a rock hard Greater Daemon. I can't think of a plus side to a Greater Daemon suddenly turning up either. Not a one.
    so I dont think you get it. see theres these things called rules, and they prevent that bloodthirster doing ANYTHING of practical use until the third turn AFTER its summoned....(how long are your games?)

Its when you and others make silly and blindly ignorant comments like this that really show just how oblivious to poor game design you lot are
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    so I dont think you get it. see theres these things called rules, and they prevent that bloodthirster doing ANYTHING of practical use until the third turn AFTER its summoned....(how long are your games?)

Its when you and others make silly and blindly ignorant comments like this that really show just how oblivious to poor game design you lot are
    So having a free, quite hard to kill and quite high danger priority model in the middle of your opponent's army to "facetank" all his shooting, so your paid for units don't get shot is of no benefit at all? Serious;y I know chaos players have quite a lot to ***** about, but I don't know how you're managing to turn a free bloodthirster into some kind of disadvantage.

Also....third turn after its summoned?

Only got the data cards so far, and not sure how you're working that out?

One can also instead summon other units, or buff your army.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Imagine having an aspiring champion birth a rock hard Greater Daemon.
    N'aw, that's an option in the upcoming Daemonkin Slaanesh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast