BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

I wasn't even talking to you Charon, you chose to engage me.

Also, every source I can find on them calls them Ultramarine Successors.

- - - Updated - - -

Or at least, they are assumed to be Ultramarines successors, they revere Orar and follow the codex to the letter. Pretty Ultramarine.

- - - Updated - - -

The guy who made the Sons of Orar has them with Tyrannic War Veterans. Who fought in the Tyrannic War? The Ultramarines...

Anyway, my point concludes, stop being dicks and frowning on people for painting their models how they like.

BACK TO THE ELDAR!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    Source? Just Lexicanum is telling me they are Ultramarines successors.
    From lexicanum:
    Though the history of the Sons of Orar has been lost, what is known is that they revere Orar, an Ultramarines Captain who won great renown in the wake of the Horus Heresy, and claim him as their spiritual patriarch.
    From Warhammer Wiki:
    The Sons of Orar are a Codex Astartes-compliant Loyalist Space Marine Chapter of unknown origin and Founding.
    T
    hough the full history of the Sons of Orar has been lost to Imperial records, what is known is that they revere Orar, an Ultramarines Captain who won great renown in the wake of the Horus Heresy, and claim him as their spiritual patriarch, though it remains unknown if the Sons of Orar are actually a Successor Chapter of the XIII Legion.
    But it is academic. They were an 'eavy metal paintjob and got their story afterwards.

Or at least, they are assumed to be Ultramarines successors, they revere Orar and follow the codex to the letter. Pretty Ultramarine.
    Like...erm... the Soul Drinkers with Dorn? And still they are no Imperial Fist successor.

The guy who made the Sons of Orar has them with Tyrannic War Veterans. Who fought in the Tyrannic War? The Ultramarines...
    Which is basically a condundrum as the tyrannic war was 746.M41 and the Sons of Orar already operated in 143.M41.
    And to be fair, any chapter can have them, they are not "ultramarine only"
    Last edited by Charon; 04-09-2015 at 04:24 AM.

You are still going off of the topic. I've made my point and I will say no more on the matter than this: Paint your models how you want and screw those people trying to tell you otherwise. I've made a purple Blood Angel successor Chapter, sue me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    You are still going off of the topic. I've made my point and I will say no more on the matter than this: Paint your models how you want and screw those people trying to tell you otherwise. I've made a purple Blood Angel successor Chapter, sue me.
    Again. Quote me please on how I tell you how to paint your models.
    I just point out that your assumption is flawed.

I said I wasn't talking to "you" specifically. "You" in the instance I previously used it in is a generalisation, that's the beauty of the English language, there isn't a difference between "you" singular, and "you" plural.

So yeah, I'd like to see some new Aspects, our GM created the Roaring Lions Aspect, which seemed awesome. We should have more of that.
    Maybe if GW actually do combine with FW we could see a generic Aspect kit, then FW could make add-ons, I don't know.

New Guardians would also be okay with me, and maybe an update to Storm Guardians... I would love to see the re-introduction of the beauty of other Craftworlds, my Biel-Tann miss doing what they used to.

Hmm, it still looks far more likely that they are UM successors than
    Their geneseed however is not Ultramarine.
    IMO. Yeah, Soul Drinkers are a specific example, but there are also examples of Chapters who do not know their history, but do know their Geneseed origin. Lexicanum also lists the Sons of Orar as Ultramarine successors elsewhere on the page. Annoyingly, I don't have access to the 5th Edition SM codex to check their sources.

@ Tzeentch's Dark Agent, I think the issue with adding new Aspects is they sort of come with an obligation to add a Phoenix Lord. When FW added a new Aspect, they created a Phoenix Lord to go with it. I think there are just 3 Aspects without one, Shining Spears, Warp Spiders and now Crimson Hunters (a Phoenix Lord plane would be pretty damn badass IMO...)
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Seeing as it was lost in the whinecloud when I first raised it....

Given it's not that far off how the previous Codex Craftworlds worked, how well could different formations do at representing a given Craftworld?

Is that workable, or is your mental image of how a given Craftworld wages war not really covered by a formation tweak?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Decurion style detachments for the Craftworld? Gives a lot of variety, in quite a compact format. Also has the option for a "standard" Craftworld formation, but would presumably have specific formations that would be taken on their own, such as Jetbike formations, Wraith formations, Aspect formations.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Seeing as it was lost in the whinecloud when I first raised it....

Given it's not that far off how the previous Codex Craftworlds worked, how well could different formations do at representing a given Craftworld?

Is that workable, or is your mental image of how a given Craftworld wages war not really covered by a formation tweak?
    It would work perfectly. Better than the CAD, by far. For Biel-Tan at least. (They can put tons of 0-X or 1-X requirements on Biel-Tan, since they are defined by a wide variety of units.) I'm not sure how it will work with craftworlds defined by fewer units (like Samhain or Alaitoc).

Saim Hann are notable for Windrider Hosts. Have a Decurion type option for that, or even just a central formation, whack on some extra abilities and/or rules - that's them done.

Same really applies to the others.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast