BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

I feel like this has devolved into a salt throwing /:

Have we learned anything new about the HQ war gear? And aspect specific war gear? Like what all can the Autarch take?

Quote Originally Posted by Dont-Be-Haten View Post
    I feel like this has devolved into a salt throwing /:

Have we learned anything new about the HQ war gear? And aspect specific war gear? Like what all can the Autarch take?
    Roughly the same. Mantle of the laughing god gone, and a pistol went in instead.
    Ghost helmets for farseers still the same and they may now also reroll their psi tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Yeah I guess thats one way to see it..

Wasn't that fun when I stomped you turn 2? Here have a beer while I kick your *** again... but don't worry... in about 4 years your codex will be up the same level. Meanwhile just enjoy getting beaten up. Did I mention the beer? Loser pays.

Nope, but I think asking for a 50% chance is not unreasonable. While the vocal opinion seems to be "be glad that you have 10 % !!"

Why the need to ally?
    Are you gonna explode if you do not have a 50% win chance?

Why ally? Because I like the combined Eldar race's model range and having a small detachment of my favorite CW Eldar models makes it possible for me to take what I want out of my DE as opposed to spamming five warriors in as many Raiders as I can fit into a list?

Not to mention I like having an HQ that's more than a glorified transport.

Oh yeah and I like Biel-Tan.

I'm such a bad person!

It's going to be tough for my Blood Angels to compete with these new Eldar

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by spagunk View Post
    It's going to be tough for my Blood Angels to compete with these new Eldar
    Dude. Fragrionaut is soooo good against a lot of this stuff though. not to mention Tacticals with Heavy Flamers and grav-guns...I mean, still have sternguard and can ally Nilla Marines with Centurions Hurricane Bolters and grav-guns, You got Fast Vindies and baal preds that can put a dent into a lot of stuff, but the internet says they aren't good so they must not be, too if you want them. You still have loads of options. The Boys in Red are my 2nd favorite army in 40k. Not to mention Death Company with Jump Packs and Bolters.

You should be fine.
    -insert epic signature-

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    You sound like an awesome host. You ever come through Oklahoma and want to catch a game, let me know.
    I might be moving to DFW in July so I might be close!!!

In the absence of more rumors, I will say that I feel bad for people who have to play against opponents who only care about winning. Its a truly sad state of affairs when a set of game rules can drive a wedge between people with a common interest in tabletop wargaming. I've not witnessed vitriol like this in a long long time, and yes - I recognize that I was once part of that choir in days gone by. I think that this book is the manifestation of the design studios "rule of cool" mentality - and its going to require the competitive crowd to change those rules, come up with their own, or embrace them as they are and learn to live with Eldar being able to kill anything in the game.

This book is both righteous and damning, good and evil, light and dark. It gives US, the players, the ability to either make a fluffy potpourri of different units that are equally effective in their given role, but it also opens the door for loathsome behavior. As someone who prefers to see the "glass half full" in people, I am seeing this book as the manifestations of my dreams about what the Eldar look like when they go to war. And that makes me pretty dang happy.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I might be moving to DFW in July so I might be close!!!
    I've started getting down that way as well, so if you do, let me know.
    If people played as often as they complained, we'd all have a lot more fun.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dont-Be-Haten View Post
    Dude. Fragrionaut is soooo good against a lot of this stuff though. not to mention Tacticals with Heavy Flamers and grav-guns...I mean, still have sternguard and can ally Nilla Marines with Centurions Hurricane Bolters and grav-guns, You got Fast Vindies and baal preds that can put a dent into a lot of stuff, but the internet says they aren't good so they must not be, too if you want them. You still have loads of options. The Boys in Red are my 2nd favorite army in 40k. Not to mention Death Company with Jump Packs and Bolters.

You should be fine.
    Indeed... drop podding marines are the best solution to a lot of the Eldar arsenal. Jetbikes are quick and maneuverable indeed... but they cannot outrun a drop pod. The BA stormraven formation where you can deepstrike and assault the same turn is something that will really give eldar some fits as well. Finally, dropping dreadnoughts all over the place could also prove problematic for Eldar since, unlike space marines, not all of our units have anti armor capabilities.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

What are Dreadnoughts going to do to eldar? Put a couple melta shots into vehicle, most of which miss or are blocked by cover saves, and the ones that do get through are reduced to glances? Then the Eldar start slinging the D and the dreadnought army just evaporates.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    What are Dreadnoughts going to do to eldar? Put a couple melta shots into vehicle, most of which miss or are blocked by cover saves, and the ones that do get through are reduced to glances? Then the Eldar start slinging the D and the dreadnought army just evaporates.
    Heavy flamers. All of the BA one's come with the options to replace the storm bolters with heavy flamers - and Eldar HATE heavy flamers.

Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast