BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 70 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Though the business end of the Plasma Obliterator may look like it's designed for that sort of fun, Games Workshop does not recommend plonking it, in the middle of the board or elsewhere.

As to Eldar Jetbikes - well, there's one more thing that makes the Ork Codex obsolete. Not even a year after it's release, too! Oh, GW, you wizards of game design, you.

First-Captain

I dunno, stray too close to a Shoota mob and you have 10 saves to make, each failure removing one of those pricey little scatter lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    As to Eldar Jetbikes - well, there's one more thing that makes the Ork Codex obsolete. Not even a year after it's release, too! Oh, GW, you wizards of game design, you.
    Yeah, I'm not looking forward to waiting another three editions of 40K for another codex...

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    I'm just going to plonk my Plasma Obliterator in the middle of the board and take them both out.
    The problem with buildings is they are very weak to Destroyer weapons. Not as weak in the current incarnation of the rules though. The Obliterator will really struggle with surviving any Wraithknights in the force, as 2 hits from a Destroyer weapon will probably destroy it. With a Skitarii Warlord on board from the detachment with Preferred Enemy, and an Omnispex, it will be pretty effective at knocking out the Jetbikes though.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chapter-Master

One model of interest not seen mentioned much. Ilic Nightspear ...the eldar sniper character. Not seen him in decurion detachment, nor has anyone mentioned he now has a strength d sniper rifle....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    One model of interest not seen mentioned much. Ilic Nightspear ...the eldar sniper character. Not seen him in decurion detachment, nor has anyone mentioned he now has a strength d sniper rifle....
    He's in the living legends section.

Not only that, but if his rifle keeps the distort rule... he could be wielding a str D sniper rifle :P
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    I dunno, stray too close to a Shoota mob and you have 10 saves to make, each failure removing one of those pricey little scatter lasers.
    I'd feel pretty bad playing against an Eldar player who managed to "stray" their jetbikes near a 30-lad Shoota mob, mainly because I don't think cats enjoy playing 40K very much.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Not a whole lot of talk about anything that hasn't been spoiled yet. Still, if his sniper rifle does remain strength D, it'll probably be the first sniper rifle that I actually like.
    If people played as often as they complained, we'd all have a lot more fun.

Heads up! In the Warseer Eldar rumor thread someone claims to have the codex. First two posts so far:

"All Distortion weapons are Strenght D. All of them. But the scythes apply a -1 when rolling on the D table, and the strenght is considered to be 4 when calculating the instant death."
    "Banshees add +3" when running or assaulting. They igoner the I penalti when assualting through cover.

There are no "chapter tactics"."

If true....cool

If.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 70 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast