BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Probably just out of print. Wouldn't necessarily object to a new codex if it fixed problems with the current one without replacing them with more, but I would much rather prefer a new Craftworld supplement.
    Usually when something is out of stock it shows up with a button that says something like "Tell me when its available".

There's just no entry at all.

And if the Harlequins are any indication, Bladestorm should stay the same for alle Weapons while Holofields get better.
    Holofields are NOT better in the harlequin codex. They're worse by a country mile. Bladestorm for the most part is inconsequential to me. We could lose it tomorrow and I would be not that sad. What they're going to do is make battle focus a power you only get when you take a certain formation combo. Farseers ML2, Warlocks brotherhood of psykers, warp spiders back to jump troops, and holofields getting the aforementioned nerf stick (I wish they'd work like titan holofields). No changes to falcons, banshees, scorpions or wraith constructs.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Librarian

There's always this...

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Codex-Eldar-Small-Format[/url]
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Orks got Codex Ghaz, which in many ways is Codex Goffs - Ghaz being the living embodiment of Goff 'Ardness. No new models, as Goffs are more or less your atypical Orkyform - the base reading from which the other clans are derived by stressing one particular area of Orkyness.
    Not really. Ghazghkull *is* a Goff warboss, but he leads a multi-clan Waaagh!. The detachment actually more represents the concept of a more experienced (i.e. more Nobz and specialized mobs with Elites) warband that utilizes specific technological tricks (telllyporta) to go to war. The formations in the book were very generic Ork formations. Basically, the book was meant to be an expansion of Codex: Orks, not really a different way to run Orks.

A Goff codex would be more like Khorne Daemonkin, with restrictions on certain units but also add some options (i.e. Skarboyz).

I might just try my hand at making unofficial Ork supplements (that reference the original books, of course, so I don't get threatened). Could be fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Is it not possible that the print-run ran out? I mean, would they not remove the digital and small-format too if they were preparing for a whole new codex?

While I don't play Eldar, I'd be quite annoyed if my codex was invalidated after less than 2 years.
    No, they'd keep selling every bit of stock they have, rather than writing it off, even if they knew it'd be invalid in a week or two. The local GW store has codices on the wall right up to the moment they're replaced with the new releases (and the manager instructed to then destroy the old books, so someone can't grab them out of the dumpster). Even after the new Codex: Necrons was announced in WD, the old book wasn't pulled off the store until the new book came in the next week, because GW hopes they'll be able to sell all that product.

As for codices invalidated after less than two years... First off, welcome to Space Marines. Secondly, that happened with the entire rule set, and people were expected to cheer that GW is correcting things so rapidly that we can pay $85 for a new rulebook after less than two years. It's basically their modus operandi now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    I could live with that. Especially if a new codex makes it plausible to use Banshees and Falcons. I don't really care what they do with the much hated Serpents and WraithKnights as I barely use them in lists anyhow.
    That's not happening until a new edition of 40K comes out. Assault pretty much relies on a beatstick unit like Thunderwolf Cavalry now.

The Falcon might get more love if the Wave Serpent stops being an unkillable version of the Falcon with similar armament.

How I would fix the Eldar Codex:

1 Make the wave shield only shoot once. If you fire it, you lose the shield for the rest if the game.

2 Make Falcons assault vehicles

3 Give banshees plasma grenades

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Holofields are NOT better in the harlequin codex. They're worse by a country mile.
    Most lists do not even utilize them. There is a lot of weapons ehich ignore them while there is next to nothing ignoring a PERMANENT 5++

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    2 Make Falcons assault vehicles
    While they're at it, make Battlewagons with 'Ard Cases Assault Vehicles. And Rhinos and Razorbacks. And other transports. Heck, vehicles designed as transports should be more likely to be Assault Vehicles than a grav-tank (which is literally called a grav-TANK, not an assault transport, hence the low number of models it can carry).

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Most lists do not even utilize them. There is a lot of weapons ehich ignore them while there is next to nothing ignoring a PERMANENT 5++
    That +1 to my cover save has saved my serpent's bacon more than once. If its ignored then thats just tough for me. I guess with the jink rule being what it is, it wouldn't be a big deal to go back to a 4+ cover save - but I still don't like the invulnerable save unless its a 4++.

While they're at it, make Battlewagons with 'Ard Cases Assault Vehicles. And Rhinos and Razorbacks. And other transports. Heck, vehicles designed as transports should be more likely to be Assault Vehicles than a grav-tank (which is literally called a grav-TANK, not an assault transport, hence the low number of models it can carry).
    Giving the falcon the assault rule would actually give players a reason to take it over the serpent. Thats assuming that the serpent is nerfed as well. The model itself has tons of heavy weapons on it so its not going to relinquish its role as a MBT anytime soon.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

I'm totally on board with holo-fields going to 5++ if it happens. It really is better than +1 to cover since it works in Close assault as well as Range and half the shooty lists in the game don't simply bypass it!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Sorry, I don't see everything needing to be an assault vehicle. If you want Falcons to be a tank role, then I'll take a new Eldar assault vehicle. I doubt you want Wave Serpents to be assault vehicles.

Marines may only have one assault vehicle, but they have drop pods which are the best transport in the game. And orks can jump out of open topped battle wagons.

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    Sorry, I don't see everything needing to be an assault vehicle. If you want Falcons to be a tank role, then I'll take a new Eldar assault vehicle. I doubt you want Wave Serpents to be assault vehicles.

Marines may only have one assault vehicle, but they have drop pods which are the best transport in the game. And orks can jump out of open topped battle wagons.
    Hmm, sure, you go ahead and take allied Raiders, and use those to drop your Banshees out of. Enjoy the open-topped nature.

You guys want to take a TANK and give it "Assault Vehicle" to try to boost your units. No. That's never been the Falcon's role. It shouldn't get that rule added. Nor should the Wave Serpent, as it's an armored vehicle that has to drop to the ground and unload troops out the rear. Does it suck that you can't charge when you get out? Congratulations! Welcome to modern 40K. Don't like it? Try to get the vehicle rules changed, don't just lobby for a change that makes no sense in the fluff just because it benefits your army. And people still won't take it when a Wave Serpent carries more models and has better firepower.

The Wave Serpent needs some nerfs to its defense (not too much there, though) and offensive (a lot) capabilities to turn it back into the transport it's meant to be. It'll still be tougher than a Rhino, have more firepower, and be faster and better able to get around the battlefield. Sure, you can't assault out of it, but so what? Until assault is fixed, no one's going to assault with Howling Banshees or Striking Scorpions anyway. Well, maybe against IG, but why bother when you can shoot them more effectively?

If Falcons get Assault Vehicle, then Battlewagons with 'Ard Cases should definitely get it, and Rhinos should get it as well. There's no argument you can make against those that wouldn't apply ten times more to a Falcon.

Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast