BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 75 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aldavaer View Post
    The change to the monofilament weapon rule will really hit Warp spiders hard in certain circumstances as I is often higher than T for many units, unless you are Tau where Firewarriors are T-1 for I, crisis suits are T-2 and riptides will really hurt at T-4.

So the moral of the story is Warp spiders are the new hard counter to Riptides.
    Maybe I'm missing it, but how's that? They went from wounding on a 3+ to a 2+, but they lost AP 2.
    If people played as often as they complained, we'd all have a lot more fun.

Brother-Sergeant

Wow, I am so excited to try out these new rules.
    Hawks got a lot of love; my Ork-playing buddy is gonna hate them damn dakkajets are gonna get it now

I'm confused and disappointed by the lack of a model update for the Shining Spears and the bike-autarch, but at least their rules make them a bit more viable. Do we know if the laser lances stay at AP3 in subsequent rounds of combat?

Deep Striking Falcons, by themselves, are good enough for me to field them, not even taking into account their transport capabilities.

And now the Hemlock has become a flying Spiritseer with Heavy D-Scythes?????? I'll take 9 please.

As for the D-weapon fears, yeah, it sucks for everyone else right now, but I'm sure they'll start giving the D to plenty of other factions.
    I think the bigger worry is the Scatter-bike spam that will inevitably happen.
    When I pick up a pack, I'll magnetize the weapon mounts, but it's unlikely I'll ever give ALL of them heavy weapons; I'm sure there are plenty of other cool things to spend points on, and it just doesn't seem very sporting to take the cheesiest S6-spam option just for lolz. Not fun for anybody, if you ask me.

Chapter-Master

Ignoring D sycthes....which are now scary...the strength d thing really only affects vehicles and models with multi wounds that are below toughness 4.

One models with 1 wound.....theyre killed on a 2...just like before
    One multiwou d models below t5 they now lose d3 wounds on a 2+...whereas they used to be IDd on a 2+

Vehiclesnow lose a few hullpoints...whereas they used to suffer a s10 hit and possibly take massive penetrating damage.

Playing as i do in an area that doesnt usually use gargantuans, this is a much more balanced book. ...outside the wraithguard. Theyre scary good now. But arent troops...which means the end of seeing spiritseers i reckon
    Last edited by DrLove42; 04-17-2015 at 02:18 PM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

3 non-scattering deep striking falcons with 3 BS 5 units of fire dragons, brought in early by an autarch sounds fun. And solid without being broken. Wraith units aren't the only thing that can blow away tanks or LoW (especially with "always run 6 inches").

Strength D wraith cannons is going to discourage the use of Lords of War, which a lot of people wanted. This wasn't the best way to go about it, but it will probably be effective. Should've gotten a point increase though.

With Jetbikes, just use moderation. I'll probably take special weapons on all of mine, but I probably won't field more than 15 (and maybe not even more than 10). I think we'll probably see a mix of shuriken and scatter lasers, shuriken on units that are planning to jump forward and seize objectives and dog fight, scatter lasers on ones that are going to hang back field.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    3 non-scattering deep striking falcons with 3 BS 5 units of fire dragons, brought in early by an autarch sounds fun. And solid without being broken. Wraith units aren't the only thing that can blow away tanks or LoW (especially with "always run 6 inches").

Strength D wraith cannons is going to discourage the use of Lords of War, which a lot of people wanted. This wasn't the best way to go about it, but it will probably be effective. Should've gotten a point increase though.

With Jetbikes, just use moderation. I'll probably take special weapons on all of mine, but I probably won't field more than 15 (and maybe not even more than 10). I think we'll probably see a mix of shuriken and scatter lasers, shuriken on units that are planning to jump forward and seize objectives and dog fight, scatter lasers on ones that are going to hang back field.
    I have never been a big fan of bikes, for any army, for some reason so I'll just be going with 9 in order to do the detachment. Later I'll probably do 3 squads of guardians instead, but assembling and painting 20 more guardians doesn't appeal to me at all right now

Fly Lord

I'm so happy they gave the Falcon something to make it unique!
    *eyeing my three dusty Falcons on the shelf; trying to remember where the can of compressed air is*
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Edwards View Post
    I have never been a big fan of bikes, for any army, for some reason so I'll just be going with 9 in order to do the detachment. Later I'll probably do 3 squads of guardians instead, but assembling and painting 20 more guardians doesn't appeal to me at all right now
    I'm the exact opposite. I love bikes. I've just stayed away from them (mostly, I do have a white scars army I got cheap on ebay that I've tried out a time or two) because they didn't have any teeth until the dark eldar bikes came out and they're on my "to buy" list. On the flip side I hate guardians. I've hated guardians for over 10 years now. The whole "get a free heavy weapon" is kinda neat, but honestly, if I were going to field them I'd field storm guardians and their special weapons just aren't that expensive.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    And Orks just cry if they see Warp Spiders.
    If they're still Str 6 then most everything is STILL getting wounded on 2's.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    If they're still Str 6 then most everything is STILL getting wounded on 2's.
    Not Eldar / dark eldar (the former of which will probably be a significant portion of the field).

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    Not Eldar / dark eldar (the former of which will probably be a significant portion of the field).
    They'll still get wounded on 3's... not bad. I don't consider it a nerf honestly, and it is a lot more fluffy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    BRB; buying more Malifaux, Warmachine, and Star Wars figures; also checking for local Infinity and seeing how much Bolt Action will be to get into...
    Since you don't need it anymore - can I have your stuff?
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Page 75 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast