BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 73 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Yeah, keeping the old ones for the autarch and shining spears is a strange move....
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

i was thinking of converting the harlequin jetbike for shining spear to represent a heavier cavalry type unit.

Chapter-Master

Three wtaithknights still don't lay down four strength D pie plates per turn nor move and assault 36". In apoc pinpoint strength D isn't all that wonderful.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

I don't think that giving strength D to distort weapons is making Eldar too powerful.

In the first place: we don't know the points costs for the units/weapons.

In the second place: main differences between old Distort and new distort (as suposed, S, AP2)...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Imagen3.png 
Views:	209 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	13711

(kills/hit means starting from a direct hit and dividing each inflicted wound/HP by the total W/HP value from the model. Monsters are given 3W, vehicles 3HP for the example)

Sorry if I made some mistakes, but IMHO it's correct enough. I took into account ID, 1D3 wounds/HP and other bonus for D-rules (and/or exploding results in the case of the Knight). The knight benefits from the 4++ save in all the results shown.

This means that the armies competitively in danger by the rule changes are the ones comprised by elite forces and well-armored vehicles. On the other side, Invisibility is still valuable (or even more).

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Three wtaithknights still don't lay down four strength D pie plates per turn nor move and assault 36". In apoc pinpoint strength D isn't all that wonderful.
    They are much, much harder to kill though which will count for something in most games! But yeah, I see your point. Don't forget Wraithknights are also scarier in combat than Revenants, especially 3-to-1.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

The change to the monofilament weapon rule will really hit Warp spiders hard in certain circumstances as I is often higher than T for many units, unless you are Tau where Firewarriors are T-1 for I, crisis suits are T-2 and riptides will really hurt at T-4.

So the moral of the story is Warp spiders are the new hard counter to Riptides.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldur View Post
    On the other side, Invisibility is still valuable (or even more).
    Fun fact: Invisibility doesn't do squat for being Stomped by a super-heavy walker or GC. You might not be able to shoot or assault them accurately, but just get in combat, and you can squish them nicely.

Apologies for double posting

Iuchiban posted formation bonuses;

Guardian battlehost: Vypers, Warwalkers and Vaul's support batteries get preferred enemy if they have a unit of Guardias at 12". Guardians can purchase a Platform for free.

Windrider host: Once per game all formation gets Shred when firing shuriken weapons

Guardian Stormhost: Vypers, Warwalkers and Vaul's support batteries get preferred enemy if they have a unit of Guardias at 12". Storm guardians can purchase 2 special weapons for free.

Seer council: They harness Warp charges with 3+.

Aspect Host: They re-roll LD tests and get +1 to WS or BS.

Dire Avenger Shrine: Once per game, Shuriken weapons are Assault 3. +1 to BS

Crimson Death: Preferred enemy (Flying things), 4+ cover save, and if Jink, may re-roll the cover save.

Wraithhost: Get battle trance, if targe is at 18" or less from spiritser, reroll to hit

Quote Originally Posted by Aldavaer View Post
    The change to the monofilament weapon rule will really hit Warp spiders hard in certain circumstances as I is often higher than T for many units, unless you are Tau where Firewarriors are T-1 for I, crisis suits are T-2 and riptides will really hurt at T-4.

So the moral of the story is Warp spiders are the new hard counter to Riptides.
    And Orks just cry if they see Warp Spiders.

Chapter-Master

I'm still updating the post, I'll go to bed once luchiban stops (it is nearly 5am here...)
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Page 73 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast