BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    But the undisguised jealousy of those whose turn it is at the moment?

It is an ugly look on you.
    York. Thank you.

Not for your reply to the thread, but for the last two lines. I have been having trouble of late. I'm older and not as able as I once was. Another person has taken on a job that was mine for almost two decades, one that I was very good at. He is as good, if not better in some aspects, as I was and it hurt. I didn't know/understand why I was so angry lately. Now I do. And you're right, it is an ugly look on me. You may not have meant this message to be for me, but nonetheless, you're arrow struck home and I thank you for that.

OK, so now back to silliness-

Two drunks walk into a bar. You'd think the second one would've ducked.
    na na na na na... wut?

i cant believe there is rage about a codex that isnt out lol. its really funny and i wish i could meet you irl.

Brother-Sergeant

How can you complain about a codex that hasn't been released yet?

Ok, so Eldar get a gargantuan creature. Tyranids have been able to field them for years. It's the Eldar equivalent of an Imperial Knight. No one is complaining about the Imperial Knights OP SD combat weapon. As for SD ranged - so what? Big deal.

As with every shift in design people cry and whine that the next new codex will be OP and totally unfair. I have found that people find a way to deal with whatever the game throws at them. It's how we evolve as players.
    I for one am looking forward to playing with the new Eldar dex and against it.

Look at the Necron codex for chuff's sake. People cried about that when it was released. It's just run of the mill now.

All you people on here complaining about Eldar won't be complaining when it's YOUR beloved army's turn to be updated. Pot calling kettle? Shoe on the other foot maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonite View Post
    How can you complain about a codex that hasn't been released yet?

Ok, so Eldar get a gargantuan creature. Tyranids have been able to field them for years. It's the Eldar equivalent of an Imperial Knight. No one is complaining about the Imperial Knights OP SD combat weapon. As for SD ranged - so what? Big deal.

As with every shift in design people cry and whine that the next new codex will be OP and totally unfair. I have found that people find a way to deal with whatever the game throws at them. It's how we evolve as players.
    I for one am looking forward to playing with the new Eldar dex and against it.

Look at the Necron codex for chuff's sake. People cried about that when it was released. It's just run of the mill now.

All you people on here complaining about Eldar won't be complaining when it's YOUR beloved army's turn to be updated. Pot calling kettle? Shoe on the other foot maybe?
    thats not true always. in sc2 i generally tend to stay away from cheesy skilless races based on patch and as such i switched from terran to zerg to toss back to terran and currently zerg. the PROBLEM is you spend so much time and money on an army that its not always that simple... to play warhammer and a certain army is to...
    - be a fotm guy
    - just like the race/faction

hard to say everyone complaining is complaining because its not there turn yet

Quote Originally Posted by Hal View Post
    Wow, I'm a few pages late to reply to this, but I really have to. I just wanted to say that I'm a peaceful person, don't like conflict and berate violence in any form... But I have a really strong urge to punch you in the face right now for being an ****
    This might make you stop reading, but I beg you please continue..
    My friend introduced me to 40k about 8 years ago when i picked up Eldar because i liked their background, aesthetics and interesting units. I started playing them with the introduction of 5th edition and believe me they were pretty bad back then. They never even got a codex through the 5th edition and were badly outdated. I managed to squeeze a win here and there but was mostly loosing, and you know what? I still had a lot of fun and never complained about anything. That lasted for 6 years until the notorious 6th ed Eldar hit the shelves in 2013. Yes, Eldar got huge buffs all over the place and I was very excited about it. I started winning much more but realized that some of the lists I played really were to strong and my opponents weren't really enjoying the games. When complaints started how serpents were too powerful I dropped them completely (not that I spammed them in the first place but O.K.). To compensate for maneuverability (cause i actually used them as transports) i started using Warp Spiders.. Suddenly they also became unfair - "too fast, uncatchable, OP guns...".
    O.K. I drop them too and go for long range firepower and of course War Walkers also became "too cheap for all the firepower they can dish out and their shoot and run back to cover gimmicks."...
    And finally there is this one game against the new Space Wolves when I even warned my opponent "Are you sure you're going to move your dreadnaught into assault range of my swooping hawks? They have haywire grenades.." He says "It's ok, he has an inv save..". After the hawks tear the dread apart, they suddenly become OP as well.. And that was just one of many more mistakes he made which caused him to loose.. You know what he told me after the game? "It doesn't matter, I don't feel bad for loosing cause you're playing Eldar and have an overpowered codex...". Most of games I won, felt like undeserved wins because my opponents rarely gave me credit for outsmarting them, punishing their mistakes etc.. It was the codex's fault. (And I truly believe you're one of those players too)
    I used to nerf myself into oblivion just to get some recognition for my plays and so both players can have fun and now you're encouraging people to completely decline games with Eldar players... Can you even imagine how that makes me and a lot of other Eldar players feel? Not all of us are playing the game just to win. Some of us play it for fun and you have absolutely no right to take that away from us.
    The sad thing is that a lot of people will listen to your advice, cause I've seen similar attitudes on other forums and blogs.

That's really low man.. Really low...
    I totally agree and have run into alot of the above problems. After being away from the hobby for many years I got back into it in November 2013 and opted to play Eldar. I hadn't researched anything other than look at the models and thought they looked awesome. I walked into the store with my wife and son, picked up a battle box and got started. Pretty soon I learned I had to nerf my lists and have been pulling punches with it ever since. Not great but I have had some great games.

The others in my gaming group know that Eldar can be crazy if you want to take "those" lists but they have been, on the whole, pretty cool and accepting. With the release of the new dex on the horizon they did have a knee-jerk reaction but after some talks have resigned to withhold most judgement till the book comes out. Speculation is fun and we are all passionate about the hobby but the majority of players just want to have fun, not to make the most OP list they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonite View Post

Ranged destroyer weapons are a big deal in normal games.

As for updates, look at ork or dark eldar. They lost options and we're generally blandified from previous mediocre books. But eldar go from strong to stronger? Why are eldar so special?

Because eldar are eldar.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Ranged destroyer weapons are a big deal in normal games.

As for updates, look at ork or dark eldar. They lost options and we're generally blandified from previous mediocre books. But eldar go from strong to stronger? Why are eldar so special?
    They'll be dead soon, why not throw them a wraithbone every now and then.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal
    Because eldar are eldar.
    Our time has come.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    They'll be dead soon, why not throw them a wraithbone every now and then.
    Cutter. I might just sig that!

Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast