BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 101 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Hmm. So you don't want a light transport which gives you Assault Vehicle... but you'd tell Orks they should be happy to have them.
    <not reading rest of post because it doesn't address the issue>
    I don't want a *RAIDER* because I don't want to take DE allies. It has nothing to do with CAD, effectiveness, or anything else. If there was an Eldar version of the raider I'd gladly take it without hesitation. I don't like DE. I don't like their aesthetic. I don't like their fluff. I don't like their models, and perhaps my most hated model is the raider. So I don't want to take the assault vehicle that I legally can because its not part of my f*cking army. Plus, if I'm allying, why the hell would I ally with DE for close assault support? There are much better allies out there to fill that role - like terminators in a Stormfang/Raven/FW Ram thingie.

So, basically, there's Eldar players wanting an upgrade that makes absolutely zero sense, and they can't even defend the idea (because it makes no bloody sense, which they'll admit if you sub in another army).
    It makes perfect sense. Eldar are an endangered species who value each single individual above that of entire planets of aliens... they have the most advanced technology in the galaxy and have been around the longest, yet their tanks aren't capable of propelling their warrior into combat? Makes a whole lot of sense, fluff wise, to have a vehicle that could protect their deadliest close combat warriors while delivering them to where they're needed the most. Hell, the Eldar army is built off of synergy between units - unfortunately there's no synergy to be had that will absolve the banshees of being made of paper mache.

Plus, our tanks aren't even comparable to rhinos. They're more in line with the cost of a predator thats been upgraded, but lets not stop comparing apples to oranges.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 03-31-2015 at 02:51 PM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Maybe drop the Falcon points a touch (though probably not), but preferably just fix the bloody Wave Serpent so it's not got the firepower of a battle tank.
    You saw the first point in my suggestions, right?

I'm ok with giving Eldar a new vehicle to serve as an assault vehicle, equivalent to the Raider. But they need some assault vehicle option, and my suggestion was a way to address that without adding new kits. Maybe something like a corsair raider.

I liked the idea that cropped up around the time of the last Codex coming out (I think) of Falcons having (or possibly being upgraded with) a Webway assault portal, giving the Falcon the Assault Vehicle rule with a fluffy portal. The reasoning for not giving this to Wave Serpents would be that the Serpent shield takes up too much energy use for both systems to be mounted (in my mind).
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

The problem is that the Falcon never made a whole lot of sense.

Same chassis, similar weapon loadout for similar points, less transport space, heavy choice.
    The saving grace was that the Serpent was overcosted by far and the heavy support section was not blessed with a lot of good units.

Falcon was actually good in 2nd edition.
    But since then the "we got rules and now we make models" became a "we have these 20 years old models and now we are creating rules arond the things in the sprue".
    That offers a whole lot of problems. Grenades for Banshees? Not on the model -> can't be in the rules.
    Last edited by Charon; 03-31-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Glad I have that troll blocked so I don't see his posts except when people reply to them. The whole thing with claiming the Ork books in RT didn't have army lists was especially stupid, given that I pointed out examples, and then I also noted examples from 3rd edition (which certainly wasn't known for being fluff books). It's amazing that someone will make a blatantly false argument just to be argumentative.
    yeah man, I'd block him too, but you've got to jump on those things before they become the latest revisionist history argument that every apologist posts ad nauseam.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    But since then the "we got rules and now we make models" became a "we have these 20 years old models and now we are creating rules arond the things in the sprue".
    That offers a whole lot of problems. Grenades for Banshees? Not on the model -> can't be in the rules.
    Um, if not having grenades shown on the model was the problem, then how did Striking Scorpions get grenades?

Edit: Ok, maybe my models are all old. My striking scorpions don't have grenades, but I guess the newer models do.

They newer ones indeed have them.

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Eldar-Striking-Scorpions[/url]

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    yeah man, I'd block him too, but you've got to jump on those things before they become the latest revisionist history argument that every apologist posts ad nauseam.
    Thanks DB, now there's coffee all over my monitor...

"Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    I don't think you know what any of those words means.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    I don't think you know what any of those words means.
    And I dont think you're actually literate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    Thanks DB, now there's coffee all over my monitor...

well at least someone's getting something outta this
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 9 of 101 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast