BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 94 of 101 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hal View Post
    O.K. I've absorbed all the information from the new codex and as an Eldar player i agree that it's power level is way above the rest of the other books
    Now I have a question for the complainers... Since I do agree with you, please tell me what YOU think the solution to this problem should be?
    In a perfect game, strong units have a proportionally large cost. Therefore, the easiest solution to "fix" OP units is to increase their cost. Unfortunately, doing this unit by unit is complex and hard to gain a community-wide consensus. I think we can make a pretty good fix by adjusting point costs by codex.
    I suggest Eldar players enjoy the entirety of their codex, guilt-free, by agreeing to pay 25% more in points for all of their units.
    I think it would be great if, as a community, we could agree on a scaling factor for each codex. DA and other soft codices pay normal cost. Stronger codices get an overall point tax.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    [url]http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/645028.page[/url]

The reason I hate DakkaDakka
    That dude needs a hobby. Like... a different one.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    And the funny thing is the Eldar Codex probably will not change for ~3-4 years now.
    Exactly. Which means a lot of other Codices will get responses to what the Eldar Codex has now.

And here's something else to consider. With the boost to the Aspect Warriors, GW wants them to sell. They not only want to sell the models that already exist to reduce inventory, they want them to continue to be viable for when they release plastic models for them in a splash release in the future.

Cult Mechanicus, Space Marines, and new Imperial Knights are coming, all of which will have answers to the Eldar power creep. In my mind, nerfing Wave Serpents was the only thing they needed to do, and they did that, and so I'm happy.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    And the funny thing is the Eldar Codex probably will not change for ~3-4 years now.
    I don't know to be honest, how olds the previous codex *

*disclaimer

This was an attempt at humour, not to be taken as nastiness.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Exactly. Which means a lot of other Codices will get responses to what the Eldar Codex has now.

And here's something else to consider. With the boost to the Aspect Warriors, GW wants them to sell. They not only want to sell the models that already exist to reduce inventory, they want them to continue to be viable for when they release plastic models for them in a splash release in the future.

Cult Mechanicus, Space Marines, and new Imperial Knights are coming, all of which will have answers to the Eldar power creep. In my mind, nerfing Wave Serpents was the only thing they needed to do, and they did that, and so I'm happy.
    I dunno, letting me no-scatter deepstrike three falcons is kind of retarded. I admit that as an eldar player, no lies, that ****s gonna break some hearts. and by hearts I mean un-covered HQs and low armour values.

but yes Im sure were about to see some crazy ****. if this mythical puma exists I bet money it has a short ranged D-weapon

or that one of these two new knights has some sort of ranged D-blaster or the ability to kick it with some High IC monstrouse creatures
    Last edited by Arkhan Land; 04-20-2015 at 10:42 PM.

so are there no aspect warriors coming in wave two? is there a wave two? i read a plastic avatar was coming which, in conjunction with my plans for a beil tan NON CHEESY aspect army is required....

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Meanwhile Dark Eldar and Daemonkin can go sit in the corner and wait another 4 years till they get something that can answer back, right?
    I really like my Eldar but currently there is NOTHING DE can do about anything Eldar are able to field. And while Jetbikes and WKnights are the worst offenders, they are not the only ones. Even units you would not call "OP" but "good" transform into "extremely powerful" if the codex you play against anly consists of "weak" and "ok" units.

Quote Originally Posted by eosgreen View Post
    so are there no aspect warriors coming in wave two? is there a wave two? i read a plastic avatar was coming which, in conjunction with my plans for a beil tan NON CHEESY aspect army is required....
    The supposedly Always Accurate, Never Wrong, Have You Read This Thing Explaining How Redirects Work Why Does Everyone Always Complain It's A 404 people say they found something called "Eldar Avatar with Spear." No further word on that though.

Hell, if I worked on GW's web team and saw all this redirect-searching people are doing, I'd be trolling them so hard. I'd make fake redirects for Hrud and Knights Warden and Boris Goldgather and all sorts.

(Edit: when I wrote that, I didn't know someone had found a redirect for a Knight Warden. Ha!)
    Last edited by Houghten; 04-21-2015 at 01:47 AM.

It's all about Codex: Crab People, the first army to be in all three systems.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Dont-Be-Haten View Post
    Dude. Fragrionaut is soooo good against a lot of this stuff though. not to mention Tacticals with Heavy Flamers and grav-guns...I mean, still have sternguard and can ally Nilla Marines with Centurions Hurricane Bolters and grav-guns, You got Fast Vindies and baal preds that can put a dent into a lot of stuff, but the internet says they aren't good so they must not be, too if you want them. You still have loads of options. The Boys in Red are my 2nd favorite army in 40k. Not to mention Death Company with Jump Packs and Bolters.

You should be fine.
    I have only 1 fragioso in pod. Don't have any heavy flamer tactical marines, don't have any sternguards and don't have an SM codex to ally with. I have a single vindicator and two Baal preds but those almost always get cratered quickly anyway.

The point of my post was that MY Blood Angels will have a tough time with this. BA in general are fine.

Page 94 of 101 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast